1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Jeffrey Dahmer Had Been A Right Wing Pundit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, May 30, 2005.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the things that comic strip was making fun of. Al Franken is not a liberal version of Coulter or Hannity or folks like them. Franken actualloy uses real research that is largely accurate. There has been two instances of numbers being slightly off, but not disproving his points in the Lying Liars book, and one instance in the Rush Limbaugh book. Other than tat, he's been dead on. I agree he is biased, and only deals with the numbers that help to back up his bias, but there is a difference between what he does and what Coulter does. Coulter says things that are blatently false, not accurate, and then trumpets as reasons to support her findings. Franken actually uses real facts. Coulter doesn't. To act like they are equally guilty but just on different sides ignores the fact that one lies regularly, and the other uses real facts, quotes, and statistics.

Those kinds of comparisons do make funny cartoons for This Modern World though.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

only they weren't uhmmm, funny, just sophomoric...

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IMHO they were funny, and top notch satire. I loved it. You are free to disagree. When it comes to funny I trust my opinion.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

To be clear, my political beliefs weren't offended by this strip. Just my sense of humor. I have no problem laughing at satire even if it pokes fun at "my side". Hell, sometimes it's more funny when it does. The only thing is, good satire has to be funny.

This strip just isn't funny.

You want good satire, follow the instructions in my sig. Phil is a California Democrat. He pokes fun of Bush all the time. But the difference is that he's actually funny when he does it.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now this is funny...

[​IMG]

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I liked the strip better when Mr. Show did it a few years ago.