1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If barack obama is such a great leader....why are we always moving from one crisis to the next

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 30, 2013.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

1.Benghazi
    2.Sequester
    2.IRS Scandal
    3.Racial Tensions he caused over Trayvon
    4.Debt Ceiling
    5.Syria
    6.Government Shutdown
    7.Muslim Brotherhood Weapons
    8.Obamacare
    9.higher student debt interest rates

The great uniter seems like the great mistake at this point

Serious Question.....why do republicans control the house when the majority of americans supposedly voted democrat bc they love democrats. Is it bc the cheerleaders that go out and get people to vote for president can't get the same hype for the poor people of this country to go vote in the mid-term elections?? Seems like the only explanation to me.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The answer is that Obama is an atrocious leader. I saw this coming a mile away, since his experience prior to becoming president was simply laughable. He was a community organizer, a law school professor and then a politician. That's a joke. What happened was that he gave a good speech in 2004 at the democratic convention, and people confused that for competency. Then there were people that voted for him simply because he was half-black, and then others because he was "not Bush".

Once in office, he's been completely inflexible and indecisive at the same time. Not only has he caused us to lurch from crisis to crisis in America, but he's severely weakened America's standing abroad (seeing more from Putin lately???).

He's the definition of an atrocious leader.

3. Major

Major Member

Gerrymandering. More people voted for Democrats in the House this past election than Republicans, but Republicans won more seats because they've designed them that way.

This lack of ability to see anything but one explanation is a serious problem for you.

4. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

5. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Well considering everytime I shop at central market at night, I get approached by a democrat attempting to get me to register to vote....never does a republican stand out there and try to beg for votes.

6. Major

Major Member

Continuing your brilliant, high-quality analysis, I see.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You've clearly done your homework.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Hey, at least he's got the teabagger talking points down pat!

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You think registering people to vote = begging for votes?

You don't think there are republican voter drives?

Please stop. You're only hurting yourself at this point.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hey, he isn't a tea party member.. he is a hardworking entrepreneur, through innovation and hard work has contributed economic and job growth. *rolling eyes*

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your lack of understanding and logical leaps makes it highly unlikely that your claim of having a masters from Rice is legit. Either you are trolling or you made that stuff up.

Registering people to vote is not begging for a vote, nor does it lock people down in the way they will vote. It is only making them eligible to vote, and they can vote for any party or candidate they choose.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't know how young you are but over time you will observe that 'crisis' is the standard operating mode for all news/politics. For the news, that's what sells. For politics, that's how sides try to sway perception.

If you would like to read more about how this "modern world" of politics works I suggest you read The Prince, by Niccolò Machiavelli. It was published in 1532.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Serious question. Did you somehow avoid taking a U.S. government course through out your undergrad and grad? It's called gerrymandering. State legislators particularly in red states will merge heavily blue districts(typically urban areas) and merge them with heavily red districts(suburbs/rural) in order to water down the blue voters. You can actually see this with the last round of House elections where if you tally up all the congressional district votes in the nation, there are actually more votes for Democrats yet thanks to gerrymandering Republicans have the majority.

#13 fchowd0311, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  14. fchowd0311

Now on to your "Why are we always moving from one crisis to the next" question.

It's called 24/7 news cycles injected with never ending social media. Every swinging dick has an opinion and now every swinging dick's opinion can be heard. So even the smallest of issues that would have never been "major scandels" decades ago are plastered everywhere and analyzed by joe shmoe who has no ****ing clue what he is talking about.

15. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Can we agree that lower class Americans are populating at a faster rate than the wealthy? I don't see many wealthy families with 5+ children...so grouping districts together somewhat levels the playing field when the poor are reproducing at such an insane rate

16. fchowd0311

White trailer trash vote Republican also.

17. fchowd0311

From my understanding, no where in the Constitution does it state that a poor individual's vote should be worth less than a rich individual's vote. If you can find any reference to that line of thinking in the Constitution please quote it, but if you can't then what you suggest is against the Constitution thus, since you are a right winger, against your holy book.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I believe eddie is an Indian-American...

19. fchowd0311

I believe that my statement still stands true. The Constitution does not distinguish between poor and rich voters. They each share the same worth in terms of representation....theoretically of course.

#19 fchowd0311, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  20. yo

yo Contributing Member

Are you really unaware of how ignorant and bigoted your views are?