1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'd like to see anyone try to be positive about this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Feb 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Clipper game. Does anyone have anything positive to say about it? I have tried my best, and there was simply nothing good about this game.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

2. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

PURE D TRASH!!!!

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This is the worst and most pathetic performance I've ever seen from any Rockets team. The only other game that comes close is the 40 pt loss to Portland a couple of years ago. Even w/ Steve they weren't trying tonight...They came out in the 2nd half pumped, but when they missed the first two shots they returned to the horrible play again. I think a CBA team could've beaten the Rockets tonight, this defense is awful.

I finally found something positive...Dan Langhi just checked in, maybe it won't look so bad now in the box score if he can get some shots.
    ------------------
    "Steve is good. Steve is real good."
    -- Cleveland's rookie point guard Andre Miller on Rocket rookie point Steve Francis

[This message has been edited by DieHard Rocket (edited February 01, 2001).]

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Hard to believe. I cannot recall two games in a row where a team was so ice cold. It's frustrating to watch because the solution can't be made via a trade, or practice, or whatever. It's a matter of getting the ball in the basket, and that really makes it frustrating. It all sounds so simple, yet...

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

5. pooh222

pooh222 Member

This is definitly the low point of the season, no doubt. I got in about 30 minutes ago and turned the game on and saw the score, and I instantly turned off the game. I don't know how the score came to get that bad, but however, there is no excuse. Let's face it, when you lose twice to the Clippers in one season, which it looks pretty likely the Rockets are going to do tonight, it's just not your season.

------------------

6. TraJ

TraJ Member

Possibly a higher draft pick?

------------------
    The sky is falling!

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Who knows...this could be a blessing in disguise(although I highly doubt that). Maybe this loss will build up a fire inside the players and they'll get hot for the next few weeks. This is the kind of game that you put behind instantly and take your anger out against the next team you play, which happens to be the Spurs. Hopefully we can end that 10 game losing streak vs them. There, something positive(hopefully) out of it.

------------------
    "Steve is good. Steve is real good."
    -- Cleveland's rookie point guard Andre Miller on Rocket rookie point Steve Francis

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Miami game was supposed to light a fire. The Rockets were supposed to come out angry today. Why should it start with the Spurs, a team that has completely dominated the Rockets?

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

9. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

The Rockets will keep on the losing streak. I just don't understand Rudy's coaching sometimes. I mean like where did Shandon disappear in the 2nd half? Why did he start Walt. Walt is trash and we needed defense more than we needed the offense and in the second half he didnt do crap.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

10. Valio!

Valio! Member

I missed most of the game because of a meeting...got im my car, turned on the radio and heard Gene Peterson talk about a 20 point lead...I was excited ....then I found out it was the Clippers...ummm....that's pretty bad...but the boys did have a rough week with all the talk....

------------------
    Moochie Norris Hair Club for Men - I'm not only the president, I'm also a client

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Yeah ZRB, i have something positive to say, I am now positive the Rockets WON'T make the playoffs this season.

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

12. The Cat

Because I haven't seen in years a team have three straight games where they shoot this poorly. We will rebound Saturday, and get a win. 96-90 Rockets.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

13. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This was not a case of "not making shots". This was a case of the Rockets coming out and NOT EVEN TRYING. They gave up when it was 16-9. This is also the worst game I have EVER seen them play. I've seen them lose thirty point games where they still TRIED THEIR BEST to win, and just couldn't hit shots. This game is different. They let a team averaging 89 points a game come in and score 101. They refused to drive to the basket, until is was the fourth quarter and a 27 point hole. Did I mention that they forgot to play defense? They didn't even try ONE BIT. This was sickening to watch. Good for the Clippers, they deserved it. It would have been a shame for them to lose to a team that simply didn't care one way or another.

------------------

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is the most embarrassing loss I’ve ever seen as a Rockets fan. Forget talking about making the playoffs this year. This group of players will never make the playoffs with out a major heart transplant!

------------------

15. The Cat

Now we've lost Smeg to the bashers side as well! Come on!! And for the record I'm still positive we will be in the playoffs, so there's my positive.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

16. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

The Rocks are still a young squad with a lot of talent, games like these are going to happen before they become a playoff team.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

17. The Cat

Other teams have been blown out by the Clippers too. The Lakers were beaten by the Clips by 23 in their own gym. They did it to Portland last year too in Portland. Those teams didn't have a problem making the playoffs. Also, it's hard to have a lot of heart when you are without your superstar and nothing in the world will go down.

------------------

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Look on the bright side, maybe we can get tickets discounted to below normal price from a scalper. Tough sell right now. Buyer's market. LOL.

Surf

------------------

19. pooh222

pooh222 Member

------------------

20. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

It was embarassing to see the lack of hustle from Hakeem and Mo Taylor tonight. When Mo Taylor isnt hitting, he doesnt get mad and play D, he acts like a baby and doesnt hustle. I dont want to start on Hakeem. You'd think he'd want to try to win back the fans a little, but it just hurts me to see the lack of hustle and effort from him. I don't blame Cuttino for forcing things, because who was he gonna pass to in the 1st half? Steve came back and there was a little hope, and he even started running the fast break which was great, but our big men played NO defense and were getting backdoored all night.Also, Matt bullard and walt williams killed any chance of the rockets to even make a comeback, as both of them were schooled often by odom and miles at the end.

------------------