1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I thought you were all in"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 7, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

OMG. IF that was really played at the arena...

Their PR person better be toast if ours was for a simple emoji incident.

That wasn't even that funny. Bad taste.

Well, it's Cleveland. The only thing to cheer about there is LeBron, allegedly. No offense to those of you living there.

I'd be more angry about Kelly breaking Kevin's shoulder. A future scrub dismantling the hopes of an all-star is sickening.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Would have been a non-issue last year.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah and in the 1980s you could rape your wife without being charged for a crime. If Rachel Nichols had been an NBA reporter in the 1950s a player would have bent her over his knee and spanked her.

Progress.

4. Buck Turgidson

Was watching John Oliver recently, and apparently Bud Light pulled a similar move. They have some ad campaign "Up for Whatever", and had a slogan on the back of the beer bottle reading "Take the word 'no' out of your vocabulary tonight."

Marketing genius.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, im glad things have changed for the better. I'm just pointing out how quickly things have changed.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

First the suggestion of handing out arm slings for fans at the game yesterday...to "domestic abuse" All In video...lol...CAVs PR staff is one of the worst ever...

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Would love to have been in the Don Draper/Mad Men conference room when this was pitched. Would have been fascinating to see how this was actually approved by presumed marketing professionals?

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

in Cleveland's defense, i think they were just trying to parody this commercial

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v9YiTIYO-2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sGHAxbSEBZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. They should be fired for this

10. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Damn this world is getting more stoopeed by every day that goes by.
    Progress peaked in 90s, it's regressing fast now. Probably 7 of 10 would link this video to domestic violence now.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

That's just bad man, not even funny. Booo

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I LOL'd. Some people want to draw more than what's there, if the genders were reversed there would be no problem here. If she was fat and squashed him, there would be no problem here. Spousal abuse? Talk about a reach.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, this is really offensive.

Not so much for the domestic abuse angle.......but mostly for the bad acting, bad script and bad production. Seriously looks like it was produced by an 8th grade media class.

15. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

And our twatter guy got fired?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Perhaps because the vast majority of domestic violence is done by a man against a woman?

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow bad video. They could have made him step aside and not catch her, that would be better. But still the icepack and suddenly a cavs fan is pretty bad either way.

I really hope the Bulls win this series. But Rose cannot play as terrible as he did game two. He was practically giving the game to the Cavs.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm not gonna lie I laughed my ass off when he ****ing SLAMMED her to the ground. Like wtf? LOL.

Who thought this was a good idea?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Considering how identical they are, that was meant to be an accident or at least throwing her off of him. A body slam involves picking someone up, no? He was supposed to catch her just like the original commercial, but lost his focus when a Bull's jersey was flying at time.

I think that's just fine. No domestic violence. No intent at all. But I am still #FAUXRAGED at this on twitter, just so no one thinks I condone DV.