1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I predict...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You have one other thing. When GM's call about players availability, they are asking about Span to be included in any deal.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am worried about Bonzi's production even if he stays healthy and in shape. There have been other players whose production fall off during their 30s after not taking care of their bodies for a while, got back in shape, but never regained their production (Vin Baker, Shawn Kemp, ect).

He's another piece to the puzzle, but I wouldn't want to be in the position where I'd have to rely on him without a good Plan B.

3. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

I agree....if Artest comes Battier is pretty much redundant. Artest should be playing the 3 but can play the 4 better than battier... Artest (bar mental issues) is an upgrade on Battier....

Add to that the fact that T-Mac will also get some minutes on 3 and it is too much of a luxury to have battier 3rd in that rotation

Thats why I said that if Artest comes we should trade Battier for a strong PF... Since we can pick up an Alston replacement with the MLE, we should shop Battier+Alston for a VERY good PF (gives us around 9.5-10.5 mill to work with)...

4. htownbball

htownbball Member

Trade Battier and VSpan or Sura for Artest

Draft Devon Hardin or Sean Williams (would rather have Hardin)

Sign James Posey for MLE

Yao/Deke
    Hardin/Hayes
    Artest/Posey
    TMac/Head
    Rafer/James

Bonzi, Snyder, Jake, JL3, Novak, Reed

Hardin and Williams can both play center in an uptempo offense. Great athletes. Hardin has more upside offensively but is still a good rebounder and shotblocker, while Williams is a better defensive player.

Posey can be the swingman and play backup at SG and SF and can start at SF if Artest gets suspended

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd disagree.

Artest = excellent man-to-man defender
    Battier = excellent team defender

They are not the same. Plus, Battier would balance out Artest's nuttiness somewhat.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Wouldn't Battier have to be traded if go after a decent Power Forward, after all Ron Artest would play Small Forward and Tracy the Shooting Guard?

7. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I dont see why Artest couldnt play PF. You guys do remember a guy by the name of Dennis Rodman right? Wasnt he of similar build and heck even similar mentality.

8. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

True...but my point was that using either of them permanently as a PF is mis-using them... Using either as 2nd-3rd option in SF is a luxury. To give them enough minutes on SF you'd have to cut T-Mac's SF minutes a lot which would be mis-using T-Mac....

Yes they're both great defenders in different ways but I think having them both is a luxury the Rockets can't afford right now....