1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I predict...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jun 14, 2007.

1. slpntz

slpntz Member

Yes, trade Head to Phoenix or Golden State. They don't play defense, so he will be perfect there. Maybe we could package Head and Alston for Biedrins. He is a taller and more athletic than Hayes.

2. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

If we can get Artest for what is being preposed, you do it. Then get either Marcus Camby or Nene for the PF position. We would have a good defensive PF in either. We do not necessarily need an explosive offensive player at that position. Either would provide good defense, rebounding and shot blocking beside Yao. Both are not terrible on offense either so defensive players on them can not play off them to help with other players on defense. They would demand some respect on the offensive end. I would take either one of these players. Only problem is that I don't know if the MML will get it done for Nene, maybe Camby. It might require a trade for Battier and I don't if that would be a good trade or if it would work salary wise. Someone want to check and see it it works. No bashing please :) , just a thought.

3. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Battier + Artest > Artest + Haslem > Battier + Haslem

Haslem's defense is suspect to say the least. He also provides nothing on offense that Artest doesn't. He outrebounded Artest last year, but Artest pretty much equaled the opposing PF in rebounding in his minutes a the position. I think that would further improve when he adopted a PFs mindset.

Plus how would we get Haslem? I'm pretty sure Miami wants him, while Sacramento does not want Artest.

4. slpntz

slpntz Member

Jamaal Magloire is my choice for PF.

5. stq

stq Member

Artest is about 7.5m, Camby is about 9m, Nene is 10m a year...
    I don't see Rox takes in 17m a year contract.....

6. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Who cares about missed rebounds if we had closed out one of the previous games. How do you propose we get Wilcox? The only rumor I heard about Wilcox involved Battier and Sura. Then how do you propose we replace Battier. Give me a deal that makes us better than Battier + Artest at SF and PF.

7. slpntz

slpntz Member

Anybody at PF is better than what he had last year. Chuck Hayes was a way undersized PF, but did you ever see Duncan or Nowitzki go off or 40 something points against the Rockets last year? I'll save you the time, the answer is no. So, Magloire at PF wouldn't be that bad.

8. yaominn

yaominn Member

artest's trade value is snyder+vspan+26th pick, what kind of pf we can get from that package?

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think playing Artest at PF would work most of the time. He may not be able to stop Duncan but I would love to see Duncan have to chase Artest around the 3 point line. That would open all kinds of space for Tmac and Yao in the paint. Duncan wouldn't be able to help on D as easily.

Artest could also cover Dirk as well as anyone in the league but having Artest again would force Dirk to play some D.

10. yaominn

yaominn Member

that's a good point, if other teams pf have to guard artest at 3 pt line, center have to be glued to yao, it opens the post for guys like tmac, battier, wells, james to attack and grab oofensive rebounds.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We ain't trading Span. We're trading Head.

12. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

I hope we trade span so everyone can stop riding his nuts so hard. ya'll act like he's steve nash + tony parker. the only thing you have as proof that he can play is 1 GAME against team usa. and a youtube highlight video. with highlight videos, you can make anyone look like michael jordan. geez. you know carlos arroyo schooled team usa too and he fights for minutes against travis deiner. :p

13. htownbball

htownbball Member

1. Trade for Artest with all those crappy players and our #26

2(a). Trade Battier to Denver for Reggie Evans and Linas Kleiza

2(b). Trade Battier to Seattle for Chris Wilcox

Yao/Deke
    Evans/Hayes
    Artest/Kleiza
    TMac/Head
    Rafer/MJ

Yao/Deke
    Wilcox/Hayes
    Artest/Bonzi
    TMac/Head
    Rafer/MJ

14. htownbball

htownbball Member

Out of nowhere nevergonnahappen trades...

Sura
    Head
    Snyder

for

Ike Diogu
    Marquis Daniels

and then

Battier
    VSpan

for

Artest

Yao/Deke
    Diogu/Hayes
    Artest/Bonzi
    TMac/Daniels
    Rafer/James

Reserves
    Reed
    Lucas
    Novak
    Jake

15. cavevato

cavevato Member

Do you think Artest tryng to guard Duncan means Duncan would destroy him or you are hesitant because he wouldnt be able to stop him? I cant think of anyone except for Garnett who could stop Duncan.How about putting Yao on Duncan?

16. Nienjacore

Nienjacore Member

IMO this is the among the best outcomes we could have for the offseason. As some have noted, if we manage to acquire both Wells and Artest without losing battier, we won't need a high-scoring PF...

17. Nienjacore

Nienjacore Member

Edit: not "acquire" Wells, but rather convince him to stick around for another year.

18. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

My wish would be to have this ARTEST deal go through and we later trade Shane Battier for Chris Wilcox. That would give us a complete athletic lineup.

Yao/Mutombo
    Wilcox/Hayes/Reed
    Artest/Wells
    McGrady/Head
    Alston/James

19. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

if this trade does go down, wouldnt battier just move to the bench/6th man role and they play james, mac, artest, yao, and hayes/another 4 they pick up?

if battier gets traded for the new 4, then the starting 5 is fine and the bench is a little bit weaker

#99 Shaji, Jun 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Even if this trade does go down, you are not going to want to play Artest at the 4. He is most effective as a perimeter defender, why would you want him guarding 4's? This just like how folks were saying that Shane would be our starting 4 and look what happened to that one. Artest is a great defender, but he'll get ate up by the bigger power forwards. I rather have him guarding the other teams best perimeter player. Guys like Kobe and Lebron, as opposed to guarding Duncan and Garnett.