1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I predict...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Guru

Guru Member

Though I like the idea of Artest; I'm not sure about Artest, Bonzi, and Mike James on the same team. I would rather try to get Rashard and Magloire and some another rotation player for our current roster.

2. tharges

tharges Member

Artest & Camby is all we need. We need a banger.... but even with just Artest look how we would match up against San Antonio/Dallas.

San Antonio

Yao/Umberto
    Artest/Duncan
    McGrady/Bowen
    Battier/Ginobolli
    James/Parker

I like our Odds......

Yao/Dampier
    Artest/Nowitzki
    McGrady/Howard
    Battier/Finley
    James/Terry

I would go to war with this.........we still need some help for our bench.
    I would look at Webber/Lindsey hunter.
    Trade Rapher to New York for anything even picks......

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

What about Darius Miles :D

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I did Dallas get Finley?

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure the Rockets wouldn't have any problem putting Luther Head into a deal to bring in Ron Artest. Sura+Head+Pick+(Snyder or Vspan) etc.

Clearly with Mike James now on the roster, the Rockets have the luxary to move any number of backcourt players.

If the Rockets were able to get Artest on draft day, then they could go into Free Agency with a CLEAR plan to get a PF. They could target someone and go right after them early on which would up their chances in them signing.

6. tharges

tharges Member

My bad Tricks.......

Stackhouse

That damn cut and paste never worked for me :D

7. tharges

tharges Member

Dump Snyder...... Keep Head and teach him to pass the ball to Yao. too much untapped talent in Kill Bill.......Did we forget what he did to the National Team.

8. MrMatt

MrMatt Member

:eek:

excellent!

9. yaominn

yaominn Member

i know ideally artest should play on the wing, the problem is the good pfs are hard to get, battier can only land us an average pf at best who won't be better than artest in defending ducan, boozer, ...

if we play artest/battier/tmac together, those 3 can change postions according to matchups. artest can still be defending L.James, Kobe, D.Wade if he HAS TO, battier or hayes or even tmac can play at the 4 for short period of times.

10. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

That would be an amazing defensive team along with Yao.

I would love to try to get Fisher and get rid of like Rafer.

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Battier + #26 + Future 1st Round Pick 2008 for AK47?

If we get Ron Artest?

12. yaominn

yaominn Member

And an amazing offensive team too. Actually, if we have jame, wells, vspan, I could rather keep alston, we will have enough slashers, we need a playmaker.

13. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

DD which bigger PFs in the Western Conference? I will refer you to my previous facts. These are all per NBA.com player pages.

14. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Just look at his legs/base compared to TD. Then you will believe. The fact that he is as quick as a SG but as strong as a PF makes him an athletic specimen rivaling TMac (even in his highflying days). If he had better hops he would be the #1 athlete in the league IMO. Not being able to jump out the gym can actually be a blessing on defense because you don't want to be caught in the air. Consistently contesting shots is much better than a few showboat blocks. He can still throw down some power dunks though.

15. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

He is better than lucas for sure but if he is a dealbreaker for them then you have to throw him in.

16. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Here's your 11 man rotation...

Alston/ James/ Head
    McGrady/ Wells/ Head
    Artest/ Battier
    MLE/ Hayes
    Yao/ Mutumbo

Novak, Lucas III - reserves

Snyder, VSpan, Sura- gone in the Artest Trade.

Imagine... Mutumbo, Hayes, Battier, Artest, James = Lockdown line-up. They'd create nice long scoring droughts for opponents while Yao and Mac get a nice loooong rest on the bench.

17. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

That deal would work also, but its obviously not as good for them. In an already lopsided deal (talent-wise, not necessarily benefit-wise for the Kings) they would probably balk at that suggestion.

18. JamesC

JamesC Member

That would be a nice defensive line up but outside of Artest and James, wheres the offense gonna come from?

19. bjshot

bjshot Member

yes. Three chemistry destroyers are too much to handle. That's why I believe the trade of JH for MJ is bad. It may indicate that Rockets give up Ron trade.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A BENCH of James, Wells, Battier, Hayes, Mutombo and Head? Sign me up.
    I think as starters, Tmac/Artest & Yao could work fine with Alston/MLE role players. Especially knowing you can mix in that bench throughout the game.