1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I predict...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jun 14, 2007.

1. JD317²

JD317² Member

2. yaominn

yaominn Member

I just cannot believe artest is 260lbs, same as td? and he's as quick as alston who is half the weight(kidding). if it's true, i do not see any reason he cannot play pf for us. on defense end he can be better than hayes, on offense end he's a huge mismatch for all the elite pfs. i would go further to say he's the perfect pf for us under coach A.

3. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I agree but the players in the deal will be different.

4. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

HOLY CRAP!

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Let me second that.

HOLY CRAP!

Now - will we pick up the franchise to complete my personal idea of a good offseason?

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Very interesting. I really want Artest as a Rocket. I know he's crazy but I LOVE the way he plays basketball. However, I wouldn't settle for putting him at power forward if I didn't have to. I'd try to acquire a power forward in trade with Battier and use our MLE to sign a SF, which is probably the deepest position in the draft. Matt Barnes would be my top target, but I also like Morris Peterson.

7. bjshot

bjshot Member

yes, one haedache on Ron Ron is enough. Two headache will destroy team chemistry.

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I dunno. If we keep battier, and bonzi, our lineup is that killer "smaller-athletic" type.

Yao, Tmac, Bonzi, Artest, Battier, James.... That's a lot of firepower.

Add Chuck Hayes for banging.

9. bjshot

bjshot Member

I will add a future draft pick or a Head to keep v-span.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh, I hope the Rockets don't try to get Artest.

I believe he is a chemistry destroyer, a player who will ultimatly hurt the team more than help it.

Plus, unless we are moving Battier & or Bonzi....it creates another glut at the SG/SF position.

Artest can not play PF, he would get destroyed by the bigger players in the western conference, so where do you play him?

SF? So, you sit Tmac down?

SG? Perhaps, but doesn't Bonzi do the same kind of thing as Artest?

I just don't see where Artest fits in on the Rockets, and believe he is just one JR Rider incident away from being on suspension.

I would prefer they trade Battier and change to pickup a PF.......

DD

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wait, I'm confused. If they trade Battier to pick up a power forward, there isn't a glut at the SG/SF position. So why don't you just want to see them both trade for Artest and trade Battier for a power forward? That's what I'm hoping for. I'm also hoping they then use the MLE on Matt Barnes.

12. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I wouldn't even see why the Kings would want our crappy ass guards anyway. Spanoulis, Snyder?

They already have talented guards in Bibby, Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia, Friendswood's own Ronnie Price... I can understand if it's to dump salary, but I'm sure they could find a better deal elsewhere.

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

artest is strong enough to guard some pf, but of course, no one can guard the elite pf. garnet can't guard duncan, and vice versa. plus aldemen is defenitly not stubborn as jvg. i'm pretty sure we'll see alot of rotation switch depending on the opponent. with the fact that artest could have a suspension any time, and tracy's back is still 50/50, having battier and bonzi is a good thing.

14. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

This is going to be a fun offseason :)

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Please do not get snippy if you do not know what you are talking about!

Bonzi has a Player Option if he comes back it is free of any MLE or LLE cost.

16. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I'm all for trying to get Artest. We're definitely in a "win now," mode, and if we can pick up Artest for the scenario proposed it would dirt cheap. He's too quick for most big PFs and and strong for the quick PFs. Yeah, he might have trouble with Garnett or Duncan, but tell me someone we could realistically pick up that wouldn't?

Also, Artest does have issues, but no one seems to question his work ethic. He definitely goes all out on the court. I'd love to have him.

17. drich

drich Member

The Houston Rockets would like to add a power forward. Or maybe Ron Artest, who would give the Rockets the scoring they want from that position, but rebounding and defending a power forward would be a problem.

And there's the baggage. The Rockets have tried to acquire Artest a time or two over the years, but he has gotten into even more trouble and that could keep Houston from trying again to acquire him.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Related: Ron Artest, Houston

not good

18. rocketsmetalspd

How much would the salaries add up if VSpan is not in the trade and JLIII is??

19. stq

stq Member

Artest's biggest strength is on the wing, he should be defending L.James, Kobe, D.Wade...rather than Duncan, Boozer.......

It's like playing battier on the PF, he might be able to play it, but it won't be the best fit.

20. stq

stq Member

He is quick and he is super strong, that's why Artest's biggest mismatch is on the SF.