1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need my truck back!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr_oily, Sep 11, 2002.

1. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Ok, on the 21st of August my car basically lost its engine.
    Bad, bad problems, stalling in the middle of 610loop with cars honking and screeching and pistons warping and a very long story.
    ANYHOW, I took it to a garage here in the Heights. This was Wednesday the 21st. They said probably would be ready by Wednesday the 28th. Well, it wasn't, they said maybe Friday the 30th later in the day, ok...it wasn't. Then maybe Teusday after Labor day, Sept 3rd, well it wasn't, then for sure Friday the 5th, well it wasn't and they apologized. OK, Monday the 9th it'll be ready, well it wasn't. The guy said maybe Wednesday end of day but Thursday morning to give him time incase something goes wrong. I haven't heard from them as of today Wednesday and...tomorrow is Thursday.

What should I do if it isn't ready?! Is there someone I could complain to? The mechanic cops or something?! This is just bullsht!
    I need my damn truck back!:mad:

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Is Marvin Zindler still on the air?

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Man Oily...I feel your pain...My head gaskets blew out, so I took the stang to my mechanic...changed the head baskets, had the heads planed, changed the lifters and pushrods, now he's got to change the oil pump, and he's going to change the water pump while he's at it. I've had to drive a mini van around for 3 weeks now and I am PISSED at my mechanic. He hasn't even started on the oil pump, much less the water pump! I'd like to kick his butt and throw him in the Rio. Only problem is...I am my mechanic...:eek::mad:

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

You could tell them enough is enough and take it to another mechanic, if you're willing to wait for the new mechanic to fix it. At a bare minimum, at least you'd enjoy the satisfaction of denying the shop the revenue you would have provided. You could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. What I personally would do is use the delay as a negotiating tactic and try to get the price knocked down on your repairs.