1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love the Texans but San Francisco is the best team in the League

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Caltex2, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm not worried about who the best team is right now. I think everyone would say the Texans are at least near the top. Were the Giants the best football team all of last year? The Giants won the Superbowl, but didn't play like the best team in the league most of last year. We haven't even played one third of the season yet, so I'm not too concerned if another team seems a little better right now. The Texans have a team that could win a Superbowl of all the pieces come together at the right time. I want to see the Texans really peak at the end of the regular season. Right now I'm pretty happy with any win, no matter what the margin of victory.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

We're 5-0. 'Nuff said.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We've never been behind in the 4th quarter, which is when you would need to be concerned about playing from behind, which is what the OP seems to be so concerned about.

In fact, not only have we never been behind in the 4th quarter, we've never been ahead by less than 13 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter this year.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The only thing that can stop this team from winning the Superbowl this year is injuries. That's the only thing that stopped us from doing it last year and it's the only thing that can stop us this year.

4. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

5. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Weren't up only 23-14 last night? Regardless, your point is still valid.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

In NFL.com, in the power rankings they have the texans at no.1.

and it says:
    RANK 1 5-0 TEXANS

Our top-ranked team didn't look amazing Monday night, but the Texans still were in control throughout, as they've been all season (unlike the 49ers and Falcons). With the effectiveness of its ground attack, Houston makes it so tough on teams to climb back into games. Arian Foster put up a 152 spot in the rushing column against Rex Ryan's defense. Combine that with a relentless front seven on defense and the perfect Texans are still No. 1.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-bears-rejoin-top-five?module=HP11_hot_topics

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Texans Run Game > 49ers Run Game: Foster + Tate is much better then Frank Gore, and nobody runs the Zone Blocking Scheme as well as the Texans.

Texans Pass Game > 49ers Run Game: Matt Schaub is more efficient and proven then Smith. With one of the worst run games in the league he had a tremendous season in 2009. He is extremely accurate and makes good reads. Schaub all day

Texans Defense = 49ers: Probably the top 2 defenses in the league right now. 49ers have a sick front 7, but the Texans have JJ Watt and Joseph. With the Cushing injury, I think the 49ers have a slight edge.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not really though.

Scoring
    49'ers - 29.8 pts per game
    Texans - 29.8 pts per game

Rushing
    49'ers - 979 yards, 6.1 avg
    Texans - 715 yards, 3.9 avg

Passing
    49'ers - 1,027 yards, avg 7.9, qb rating 108
    Texans - 1,144 yards, avg 7.6, qb rating 99.2

Defense
    49'ers - 13.6 pts per game, 906 yards total
    Texans - 14.6 pts per game, 948 yards total

Special Teams
    49'ers - 29.2 avg on kick returns, 10.1 avg on punt returns, 47.5 punt avg, 39.4 net punt
    Texans - 17.6 avg on kick returns, 9.2 avg on punt returns, 46 punt avg, 38.6 net punt

10. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Ravens are better than both.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The team that almost lost to the Browns, at home? Or would've lost to the chiefs if the sack-fumble-td wasn't called back?

12. rocketblood713

I know this Texans have a better shot at the playoffs then the Rockets and I love my Rockets but ....

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Like the Texans coaching staff is not fully aware of the special team woes:rolleyes: They are fully aware of that and will correct this and other issues.

5 and OH snap, you suck:grin:

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Who said the Texans were being a historically great team for the ages? And we already have some "Yeah, But -" threads on here. There's evident flaws of the Texans. You did say you came on too strong, though it still seems a bit of analysis looking for a problem.

But I'll say that some of the advanced metrics REALLY like the 49'ers. 9'ers DO have a good chance to be historically good.

15. htowndon2334

htowndon2334 Member

Fool then GTFO and go to a 49ers forum I'm sick of all you "Texans Fans" bashing our team, injuries happen all the time to big time players, and other players step up its football. Shut ur mouth with this "best team in the league" because if they were so dominant they wouldn't have gotten there **** pushed in from Christian Ponder and AP's 60 something yards in week 3 where they lost by 2 tds. THAT IS ALL..

16. htowndon2334

htowndon2334 Member

BTW YOU DONT LOVE OR KNOW "ZHIT"

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

damn, Caltex even brought out the lurkers.

18. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I'm not the one who keeps bumping the thread or failing to read past the first post.

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeeaaah stupid thread is stupid.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Caltex faints