1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love the Texans but San Francisco is the best team in the League

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Caltex2, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Bears > Niners

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Making it sound like an outlier in that turnovers/sacks/pressure are not often created by strong active defenses. And saying the defense "rose to the occasion" is something said when less is expected of them. If any of these units are outperforming what was expected out of these players "on paper," it's the SF offense.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You need to watch Alex Smith play a few games. He's not the same guy. Last year, he was a "game manager" who made you cringe whenever he tried something outside the box. I blame him more than anything else why they were so pathetic in the red zone. This season, he's legit and actually makes plays. It isn't a matter of if he can keep it up; it's how good will he become.

I've never seen a QB transform like Alex Smith. He was a complete bust; a total joke of QB that couldn't do anything right. Then last year, Harbaugh asked Smith to make very basic throws, limited his decision-making and he had a good season. This year, Smith is an asset at QB who has a good head on his shoulders. Sometimes I think he's had a brain transplant.

1 person likes this.
  5. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

u da dummest dude evah

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

last time i checked jj watt was a part of the texans. see there are these things called star players. your SF team would be nothing without Willis or Davis.

try trolling with less r****ded arguments next time

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

It seems having a competent coaching staff and a little continuity will do wonders for your career.

[​IMG]

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Great post, you took the words out of my mouth.

9. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I personally think saying "the defense rose to the occasion" is pretty neutral. Regardless of how it may have been taken, all that was meant by it was that the defense made big plays when it had to and turned a close game into a blowout. And I agree on the Niners O to an extent but they did go 13-3 last year and except for one game against the best team either team has played (on the road so in theory the toughest game) they have looked better overall.

That's just my opinion though.

Anyways, I hope the mods either lock the thread or change the title because in retrospect it was inflammatory, though that wasn't the original intent. But I felt it was important to not only compare the Texans to another team but also talk about the team's flaws before we start comparing them to the greatest teams of all time.

10. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Watt is on the team and makes a world of difference. But his dominatiuon and impact on the game shouldn't stop people from seeing flaws on this team, granted any team will have some. I'm happy at 5-0 but like I said, I see enough flaws on this team to make me think they might not be the best team in the league.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You missed the biggest deciding factor: Special Teams. This is our biggest achilles' heel. We can't get good field position so our offense has to go on extremely long drives and our tackling is poor on the other side. The Jets were exposing it, and so might the rest of the nfl unless we can fix.

12. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

49ers play in the NFC. Who cares? Ravens and Patriots are the teams we should be keeping a watch on.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The 49ers don't run the ball better. They also don't have a better passing game. Close but not better.

Guys like Martin and Jean will get better. The defenses were about the same before the Cushing injury. Let's see how we rebound after his loss.

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Last night was a poor performance. But everyone knows that champions need a little bit of luck to help them get through those periods when they aren't playing at their best.

The season is still young and the real problem is avoiding more key-injuries.

I don't think the Texans are the best team in the league, but I think they can beat anyone on any given night, and thats what matters the most in the playoffs.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:eek:

GTFO.

Because you suck. But really, because you don't contribute. Stop whining because you make mistakes and don't re-read or preview before posting. STFU.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I like the logic.

I'm worried about us having to play from behind.

Why am I worried? Because we've never had to do it.

Why haven't we had to do it? Because WE'RE NEVER BEHIND.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

mind blown.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

We've been behind this season; not by a lot of points, but we've been behind (vs. Dolphins, @ Denver). We've come back, obviously because of the record, all the times. :eek:

20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I will say this about the 49ers.

Their offensive line is better then ours this year and maybe last, no question because they can make a seemingly bust of a QB like Alex Smith resurrect his career when his only consistent target has been his TE. After the last game, I definitely can say that SF has the better offensive line.

RBs, Foster + Tate vs. Gore and Jacobs all day. Foster is a all around back, Tate has the potential of getting close to that, while Gore and Jacobs are pounders but both have had injuries due to their running style so normally you wouldn't expect these guys to be your primary options for big yardage.

Our defenses are comparable so I won't give anyone that, especially with the talent on both front 7s.

WRs, Texans no question. I'd take AJ, Walter, Jean, Martin and Posey over Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Ginn and Jenkins anyday just based off the production they've actually done this season.

TE: Davis is a beast but the combination of Daniels and Casey (Graham slowly coming along) can't be denied either.

Overall, if both sides were healthy they would make for a GREAT Super Bowl match up.