1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love the Texans but San Francisco is the best team in the League

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Caltex2, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Which conveniently overlooks the fact that there's also a "tex" in there. And I was a SoCal guy not NoCal and was with the Oilers/Titans until the Texans were born. You guys are acting like I'm saying the Texans are mediocre. I think the team is very good but I think the Niners are better and that's lots to be concerned about with the team.

2. Precision340

Precision340 Member

every game is different so you can't compare the 49ers' win and the texans' win vs. the jets... the jets were motivated to play better this week after what happened to them last week... and they still lost to the texans.. the texans didn't play anywhere near their potential great game at that... and next week against the packers will be a very tough game especially after their lost to the colts... but don't go jumping off the texans bandwagon yet... this team is pretty damn good and they're better than the 49ers... this team will grind them up into little 49er meat balls!!

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Stupid thread.

4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Sorry, it was a typo. I meant we are lucky to have him [Watt]. Why can't you edit on this board?:mad:

Anyways like I said we are a great team but with lots of concerns. But if not for the slurry of turnovers in the second quarter of Miami, we at least sweat it out at the end and even the Titans were making a game of it until the defense rose to the occasion.

I hope I'm wrong but I see San Fran. as better or at the very least playing better right now. Lots of football to play though.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Nobody cares. Stop posting.

6. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

How is it stupid? I said I think the 49ers are better, which they could be, and even explained why my confidence is shaky on the Texans.

7. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

If you don't care you're free to stop posting. Excuse me for not being a blind homer.

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like it's that time of the month for Kotex2.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

And not a single **** was given

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Make it to the Super Bowl and we will see!

11. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I will admit one thing, I could have titled the thread better.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, I don't have a problem with your premise at all. However, you made a big mistake by creating this thread right after the Texans went 5-0. Your title is also inflammatory. You didn't break any rules or laws but use better judgment next time and a legit discussion might ensue. This is a very biased, Houston-based forum (and there is nothing wrong with that).

Example thread title: How do the Texans and 49ers stack up against each other? Then in your OP, avoid saying, "Everything the Texans do, they do better". That statement hijacked things from the beginning.

Instead, try something like, "Texans have the edge with Schaub over Smith, Watt over Aldon Smith, Foster over Gore" and whatever. Then, "49ers have a huge edge at kicker and punter, huge edge at linebacker, they are overall more physical, etc". After others chime in, maybe you could be more direct and harsh.

13. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

We have an easy enough schedule to win home field advantage. I'll love our chances if we can get it.

14. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Yep, I admitted my biggest mistake was the introduction and timing. Otherwise I stand by what I said.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why is it lucky and not good drafting? SF's lucky the texans decided to pass on a talent like Willis and go for Okoye.

Plenty of teams ride on one player's ability to carry them through a game. To say the defense rose to the occasion can be seen as the team playing to it's ability or as the team playing motivated. Why are you making the Texans defensive play sound like such an outlier and not bringing up how the 49ers offense is performing? Historically speaking the Texans still have the pieces of a top 5 scoring offense while the 49ers haven't been top 10 in the last 5 years.

16. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I really don't give a fat Shi%%% what you think, don't make dumb ass threads in the Texans forum. Post that **** in a 49ers forum not here you ass!

17. macho87

macho87 Member

You titled it exactly how you wanted, troll.

18. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Hmm, yeah. I'd like for you to name other times where I've trolled on this board, granted I haven't posted much over the years. I admit to being a buzzkill of sorts and probably should have waited a day or two but my I still feel the team has lots to improve on. That's where I'll leave it for the night.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

yea they can have the best team in the league title. we are still winning n im happy. :grin:

20. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I didn't mean we were lucky in that since, I'm just saying it's great to have them. I think the 49ers are playing at a level just above Houston. I do wonder how long Alex Smith will keep it up since he was very nearly considered a bust but they are as well coached as anyone in the League, though the Texans are no slouches themselves.

I don't know how you think I'm making the Texans defensive play sound like an outlier, please explain.

Here's to hoping the Texans prove me wrong in the Super Bowl, likely against the Niners.