1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I like Carl Landry, but....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Feb 26, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I hadn't thought about that. Has his shoulder been bothering him all season, more so than in the past? Perhaps that has something to do with it. I think, more than that, it's just the lack of consistent minutes. For a guy who doesn't get the ball much anyways, when the minutes are very sporadic its hard to get a comfort level out there.

2. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

cant be said better.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The real issue right now is that Scola's defense has improved remarkably, and currently he's much better than Landry in that regard.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good observations. Very true unfortunately.

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

You're right. Scola is at least average on defense. Landry falls for every fake and juke in the book. Hayes just bodies you up and makes you shoot over the top. I really think if Landry got shocked every time he didn't take at least one step back on his man when he started a drive then he would be a lot better.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he just injured it at the start of this season and it's been bothering him since. I believe it's his shooting arm also.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This is the same logic that said we didn't need yao ming after the 22 game win streak last season. Carl brings a lot of good things on offensive and he's a hustler as well. Scola may take more of his minutes now but don't discount Landry's importance.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Good Observation. Adelman has been doing little things to give Yao rest. Staying back on offensive free throws, being the last one down the court on offense. Plus Yao seems to play smarter now and pick his moments. Unfortunately against the best we need Yao more.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Chuck stopped about 8 points at least tonight. He is a great defensive player.