1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I know it's just Southern....

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MexAmercnMoose, Aug 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MexAmercnMoose

but we plastered them 55 to 3. no more dumb penalties for too many men on the field or illegal formations, i was impressed with Sumlin and Case Keenum. what are your thoughts on the game fellow coogs? will we beat okie state next week?

2. MystikArkitect

I liked how our offense moved today. Hard to judge because Southern was so ridiculously outmatched, I'd like to see us tested a bit more before passing judgement. But we looked pretty cohesive out there. Awesome crowd today as well, glad to see the games filling up.

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

LJ Castile- good to see him tearin it up.

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Don't be afraid to put this on the Houston sports section of this board. This IS the best football team in Houston. Keenum for Hesiman, btw.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Can't take away anything from this win except experience. Next week will be a real test.

Since this game was never in question, I'm glad to see so many receivers got involved and the younger guys who will be depended on got PT.

6. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Worried that we didn't run the ball at will against a SWAAC defense.

I know this is a version of the Tech offense. But against a better team we will have to run.

7. surrender

surrender Member

Very, very impressive. It's just Southern, but this is the most disciplined UH squad I've seen since my freshman year in '02. No r****ded personal fouls or other unnecessary penalties, only one TO, and no miscommunication on offense.

And to think, this was a limited version of our new offense. I can't wait to see what Sumlin and Holgorsen will unleash against OSU next week!

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And in other news...Baylor got trounced in Art Briles debut.

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

What changes I saw...

1) Team looked more discipline

2) Case Keenum looked more poised in the pocket

3) The defense are gang tackling

5) The new jerseys are tight

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I was pleased at the discipline and smart play.

And special teams weren't special for the first time ever.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

I didnt really like the new jerseys, the old ones were just fine (damn new nike contract...) The helmets looked too big on them. I saw no fewer than 3 UH helmets on the field during the game.

PS- It was good to see Case's patience in the pockets. I can recall at least 2 times where the pocket collapsed and instead if scrambling or just throwning it away, he waited a little longer and found a tight end. Hafner was playing real well.