1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I just wanna say...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Dec 18, 2023.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is where I am. Still a bit gun shy because of the entire existence of this franchise and the one it replaced. It's going to take a lot more for me to fully buy in again.

That said, they're fun to watch and there is definitely a different aura about this team. I just hope that Hannah continues to keep Cal out of the way. Let him keep sitting on the ground in his office, playing video games all day long. As long as the actual brains in that family keeps things moving in this direction, big things might finally happen.

javal_lon likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Glad some of you are coming back.
    For those of us that never left, it’s far more rewarding.

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The biggest difference this offseason and last few years was no easterby.

I do think they got strong armed into signing lovie as a head coach bc they wanted Flores and then once he filed the lawsuit, they were forced to hire lovie to avoid flaming the fire of the discrimination suit. Though much like winning the last game of the year, having that bridge coach helped them get demeco.

It's almost as if last year was a sacrifice we needed to make for this year

4. conquistador#11

Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And it happened overnight. I loved the DeMeco hire - but I watched Red Zone week 1, as I’ve done every week since at least 2021. And I stayed on Red Zone… maybe through the Steelers game? Then it was 50/50 and now I only rarely watch Red Zone (commercials, halftime…).

It’s one of the the more stunning turnarounds of my fandom.

houstonstime, MadMax and ROCKSS like this.
  6. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

We have seen the Rockets and Astros get their two championships, now it's time for Houston pro football to get a couple.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I told myself 6 games this year. 6 games and i would be happy with progression. Well, Im over the moon waiting on Sundays....

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love to hear this!!!!!

Yesterday was among the most satisfying wins I've ever experienced as a Houston pro football fan. Just amazing. And like you say, just a great group of human beings in that locker room.

10. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

We beat Jacksonville yet lost to the Panthers. Plus the Titans almost beat us, injuries or not. It's possible.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

AFC South Champs, Brian?

conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Trevor Lawrence going into concussion protocol changes a lot of things as well. It's truly a wide open race right now for the division.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I was adding, that fan influence cannot get discounted. Fans right to the point, coldly left. No more kicking & screaming, just "Who are you again?" detached separation. The Gone Forever threat had to have an effect.

I think that makes it more satisfying, that "we" actually contributed to it. Its kinda like real life Madden moves lol. Truthfully, I think going by fan needs is a recipe for even worse disaster (For instance, the fans wanted Bryce Young not Stroud).

But this is the rare occassion where fan assessments and team moves both aligned, WITH some "hometown flavor" sprinkled in.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I mean this sincerely: this season, however it ends, is already a success for me. Yes, it'll be disappointing to miss the playoffs, and look back at losses to Carolina and New York. But I didn't think they'd win more than 4-5 games and I certainly didn't think they had found a franchise QB (I pined for Caleb or Maye, honestly) nor did I ever think the team would be so much fun to watch. That's the thing: BOB routinely dragged to 9-7 finishes, but they always felt... so empty. This feels *alive*; there's an energy to what they're doing and it's really unlike anything this team has ever produced.

I'm even ever-so slightly turning the corner on Caserio. Another offseason like last year and this team is a legitimate threat.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I feel like there are different levels of leaving. Not having season tickets anymore, buying jerseys, etc, is different than refusing to watch or cheer them on. As well as refusing to pay triple digits for a game ticket vs having it on in the background at home.

Some of us didn’t leave, but definitely stopped holding hands in public.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

For sure. I definitely tempered my financial support but I still watched every second of every game

raining threes and houstonstime like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

We ignored the red flag with Watson: Hanging out with Mia Khalifa at her house before his rookie season. Chalked up the video to QB using his new found fame to meet women.

ROXRAN and raining threes like this.
  18. vince

vince Member

The Texans have the makings of a dynasty. There is a franchise QB, a stud OT, a stud Pass rusher, a shut down CB!

Those 4 positions are perhaps the hardest to fill, because that level of talent is undeniable.

But obviously nobody can take for granted the youth of the group. Hopefully the system is in place to keep everyone grounded, productivity, and progressing.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been a Rockets/Astros/Oilers/Texans superfan since I was a kid in the late 70's and I can honestly say the only 2 times I've ever jumped off the bandwagon for any of my teams was 1) during the Comcast debacle when I couldn't watch the Astros or Rockets on TV and 2) during the post-BoB, Romeo/Cully/Lovie years.

I was there from JR Richard to Jose Altuve. From Luv Ya Blue to Air McNair and the move to tenneessee. From Rudy and Calvin to Green and Smith. And from David Carr to JJ Watt.

Even during the Texans "good" years with Watt, AJ, Foster, good Schaub, etc....it always felt like it was just a house of cards and that's why we could never win a playoff game unless it was at home against the Bengals or the Raiders 3rd string QB.

This year hasn't felt like that at all. Those 3 crazy games against TB, Cincinatti and Arizona and even last week against the fake oilers...I felt like we were going to win them Like it was never in doubt. I've never felt that as a Texans fan since....well....ever.

[​IMG]

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It feels so good to be a fan of all 3 of my teams again. 4 if you count UH basketball, since I've been a t-shirt fan since Phi Slamma Jamma. It's like everything is back the way it should be.

I know I have a Stroud jersey and a Rockets hoodie waiting for me under the tree and I can't wait to open them!

conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.