1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I haven't been stopped since age 5,"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Space Ghost, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

http://www.suntimes.com/output/basketball/nba14.html

"I haven't been stopped since age 5," said O'Neal, who scored almost at will when he was single-teamed and found teammates for open shots when the 76ers double-teamed him

What a joke!! Does this guy have a short term memory or what??

In one ear, out the other ... with little resistence!

------------------
    "Bada Bing!"

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Yeah, I think Hakeem "stopped" him and his team from celebrating in '95. I think that was the end result. [​IMG]

------------------
    Stevierebel

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Isn't this the same guy that said Hakeem "dusted his butt."

I always love his genius statements. [​IMG]

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I hate this man's arrogance.

------------------

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Hakeem didn't stop Hakeem. Hakeem outplayed but, but Shaq still put up big numbers.

------------------
    "I'm not here to protect my reputation, I'm here to make my reputation! Mama Barkley didn't raise no chumps!" - Charles Barkley

6. Steve_Francis_rules

That would have been pretty hard, huh? [​IMG]

------------------

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I didn't say it, shaq did.

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember seeing Shaq at a Texas all-star game @ Rice. Specifically I remember him grabbing a rebound, going coast-to-coast, and dunking the ball. Having been to 2 Texas all-star games and one McDonalds All-American game, I have seen guys like Larry Johnson (he used to have a A.C. Green-esque jerry curl), Shaq, Robert Traylor, Kevin Garnett, Stephan Marbury, and Ron Mercer. The only people who were even close to Shaq's performance were Kevin Garnet shooting the 3's and Marbury's quickness. Shaq in highschool looked physicaly like he should be playing in the NBA - he was built like David Robinson -- a true man among boys.

Based on that memory, I can buy into that statement

------------------

9. Live

Live Member

I don't know what's funnier, Shaq's comment or the people on this board who are taking him seriously!

If you don't know by now, Shaq has been on a crusade for the past 2 years or so to replace Barkley (who obviously grew up idolizing Ali) as the league's most colorful personality. Every thing he says nowadays is with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, and this comment is no different.

It's refreshing to see a player who doesn't take himself so seriously and isn't afraid to poke a little fun at himself, in a 'round-about sort of way.

------------------