1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to hate Kyle Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rvo384, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Trade Tucker. It’s one thing to be in a slump. It’s another to quit in a playoff game.

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Tuck is slumping at the wrong time, he has never looked "energized" but I will admit his play in the outfield has taken a dive this year, he is not a gold glover this year.

I can only hope he shakes free tonight and turns it around before it's too late, but I don't have high hopes. It wasnt that long ago where he was hitting and carrying the team............show us why your worth the contract you will be getting

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm not contesting the "should" - what has happened with too much of this fanbase is that the "should" has become a "would." Almost all the second-guessing is rooted in the fan's choice succeeding 100% of the time.

Also, most of the nitpicking around the Astros' line-up is taking place in the margins. Here, I'll prove it: the Astros were 48-29 in games started by Corey Julks. That's nearly half the season and a 101-win pace. Your 7, 8, 9 hitters can make game-to-game difference - but over the course of a very long season, it's the guys with the most plate appearances that swing seasons.

If Baker had played Chas and Diaz more - and I'm starting to waver that Chas didn't play enough - neither player overcomes them missing Altuve or Alvarez or 3/5 of their projected starting rotation for long stretches of the season. I think they still would have won ~90 games.

4. raining threes

Round and round we go,

I wish Dusty wasn't such a hard headed old man.

5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

You doing mental gymnastics to argue not playing the better and more talented players wasn’t an issue is comical. Thanks for the laugh though.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, the only one doing mental gymnastics here is you, since I never, ever, not once, made that argument. I fully support playing the better players, which I have restated again and again and again. Being realistic about how that likely plays out doesn't mean it wasn't my preference.

7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker for another pitcher or two.

lw17 likes this.
  9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Bro got out-played massively by Evan Carter..a 21 year old rook who barely just got called up and Leody Tavares, a nine-hole hitter. Hell even Maldonaldo outplayed him.

lw17 likes this.
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Regular season all star but a playoff fraud. He cost himself some money

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same thing happened to Altuve last year.

DD

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Didn't Altuve hit over .300 in the World Series?

Pringles and lw17 like this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

He not only has gone silent for a good stretch even before the playoffs, but his body language is very demotivating for others. For some time now he looks like he doesn't give a flip.. I am for trading him before he signs elsewhere anyway. I suspect he already has a verbal agreement with some team.

He grounded out with two on to end the ninth.

#113 solid, Oct 23, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    deb4rockets likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't recall but he was really poor in the playoffs overall.

DD

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

lw17 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's too much in his own head and his ridiculous OCD pre-batting ritual where he shuffles and shuffles the dirt, spits, rubs his chin on his shoulder, grabs his helmet, and adjusts his belt isn't giving him the mojo or whatever to hit the ball. He might do great next year, who knows. I'm OK with trading him for a guy who can hit great under the pressure of playoffs, or for some more quality pitchers or relievers.

solid likes this.
  17. htownbball

htownbball Member

Part of what makes Tuck so good is also what seems like what can make him so bad. His ability to stay cool at all times is a good thing until you need him to have some fire.

Pringles likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Imagine if he loses arbitration AGAIN.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Tucker was ****ing terrible out there this post-season. He played like a damn corpse. There's a ton of blame to go around, but he deserves a lot of it.

Pringles and lw17 like this.
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I've always thought he had the worst bumbling mumbling interviews too. Never says anything of consequence or substance. Just the most lazy, un-thoughtful generic answers.

lw17 likes this.