1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate to beat on a dead horse...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kidrock8, Feb 2, 2001.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

but do would you guys rather acquire SAR and Big Country, or take a gamble on Webber during the summer?

I say do the trade if it's available... If we miss out on Webber, there won't be a good free agent for YEARS TO COME... Therefore making free cap space pretty much useless...

I would much rather have Webber than SAR, but the chances of Webber coming here are probably less than 10%...

houston trades: Walt Williams $4,250,000 to vancouver
    houston trades: Hakeem Olajuwon $16,700,000 to vancouver
    TOTAL: $20,950,000

vancouver trades: Damon Jones $714,286 to houston
    vancouver trades: Bryant Reeves $10,110,000 to houston
    vancouver trades: Shareef Abdur-Rahim $10,125,000 to houston (BYC Value $7,593,750)
    TOTAL: $20,949,286

TRADE ACCEPTED

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/

[This message has been edited by kidrock8 (edited February 02, 2001).]

2. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Years to come? As in 2 years? I'm just asking if that's your timetable because 2003 is LOADED.

And by the way...even if I KNEW we wouldn't get Webber I still don't do the deal, purely b/c of Country.

BTW, the horse is all but glue right about now.

------------------

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I want CWebb here.

------------------

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Me too, I learn english con follow me.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Huh... for a minute there I thought this thread was about me....

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

lol DarkHorse! I would only do the deal if we can dump Big Country (maybe to Chicago). If Chicago wants Big Country so badly because he is under contract and has potential I would give them Big Country for a 2nd round draft pick or a late first rounder.

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

7. TraJ

TraJ Member

Prempeh,

I haven't looked at the free agents for the next few years, but if 2003 is a good year, I wouldn't mind taking on Big Country. His contract ends in 2003. If we could then get rid of Cato and pick up some players with shorter contracts (ending by 2003), all the better. It's not ideal, but I could live with it.

------------------
    The sky is falling!