1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate the Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by s3ts, Mar 5, 2019.

?

Do you hate GSW?

1. Yes

87.1%
  2. No

12.9%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, I hate the Warriors, but not for the reasons you listed.

hakeem94, s3ts and Patience like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I love the golden state worriers because they play basketball the right way(teamball), root for their team the right way(always full roaracle), and proved you can be bad and quickly improve to win it all, dominate and become the best ever without trading for the stars or having a number 1 pick

Easy likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

no they are my favoritest team because curry so good shoot 3 point half court durant good also and draymond handsome donkey and cousins is fam kerr good genuine man

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

God, I hate this team. It’s getting close to 90’s Jazz hate for me.

CCity Zero and s3ts like this.
  5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I like the warriors because they play the right way, team basketball, most of the time.

I hate Green because he acts like a jerk.
    I don't like Thompson because he is one of the dumbest players I have ever seen.
    I dislike Curry because he acts like he is so casual with those fancy, careless passes, and that stupid mouth piece.
    I'm not a big fan of Durant because he is so in secure, always got into it with casual fans.

Rest of the guys are cool, includes Bogut, who was just out there to do everything for the team.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

So you like the warriors but you dislike the warriors players? Lmao

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Can you read? I like the style they play, team basketball, but the players antics, not a fan. You can be a fan of the team, but not some of the players. Same other way around, you can dislike the team, but become a fan of some of the players.

BeBreezy likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Buddy, they're dirty AF. They get under the landing jump shooter, a play they've been doing for years, injuring Kawhi three years ago and putting others at risk. Their entire play culture is predicated on bullying their opponent. Kerr learned at the feet of the master of this, Phil Jackson.

I don't 'hate' an idea of a team in San Francisco. I hate this team, close to how much I hate the Jazz, because the Jazz were a bunch of dirty mother f****** in the 90's and cost us a finals trip in 1997. I don't care if they flip the entire ownership, front office, coaching staff and players, it's a black mark forever.

CCity Zero and s3ts like this.
  9. smp

smp Member

I only dislike Kerr and Green. Curry sort of has that silver spoon privileged vibe to him but he’s not that bad.

BeBreezy and BigShasta like this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

****’em

s3ts likes this.
  11. Handles

Handles Member

Green is dirty.
    Kerr is passive aggressive.
    Curry is smug.
    Durant is soft.
    Bandwagon fans.
    Boogie added to their collection of all stars.

The whole team seems to get the benefit of doubt/calls and they luck out with injuries to opposing teams. Yes, they’re a dynasty. But so much about them just seems so manufactured. Like they don’t fully deserve it. And I think deep down they know it, which I think is part of the reason a lot of them are so passive aggressive.

#51 Handles, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    s3ts likes this.
  12. s3ts

s3ts Member

So y'all still don't hate GSW?

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I’ll never hate a team more.

s3ts likes this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

It's the "arrogance" of the players and its coach that make them insufferable.

Kerr woke up on 3rd base with this team thinking he hit a triple.
    Kerr's absolute arrogance having done nothing in his playing career beside riding Jordan's jock.
    Durant and Cousins basically fell into their hands because of ring chasing.
    Donkey is one of the biggest tools ever to lace em up.
    Donkey's constant ability to avoid techs even as he establishes himself as the biggest **** talker to officials.
    The whining about officiating when they've been getting a great whistle for 5 years.
    The sycophant press that can't suck up enough.
    The fake "nice guy" image of Steph Curry.
    The annoying "mouthpiece chewing" of Curry.
    The shimmy Steph does that is borderline taunting when he makes a 3.

and on and on.

15. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Use to be a Durant fan since he was a Texas alumni. Since he joined GS, I have disowned him.

I hate them all, GS fans and players.

s3ts likes this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They took advantage of a one-time salary cap spike to add a once-in-a-generation star, who didn't mind joining the organization that came back from 3-1 to beat him in the conference finals, to a 73-win team. It's easy to "play the right way" when you start four all stars.

The fans are good, I'll give them that. Too bad they're leaving Oakland for San Francisco where none of the diehards will be able to afford to look at the Chase Center from the outside.

Your last point is arguably the most annoying. Yes, they have been a smart organization. But they have been supremely lucky. They nearly traded Curry to Milwaukee for Andrew Bogut instead of Monta Ellis. The only reason they were able to sign Durant was because of Curry's then-undervalued contract which he signed because of his past ankle injuries. Curry with a max extension means no Durant. No one-time spike from TV money means no Durant. OKC winning the WCF likely means no Durant.

Yes, this is likely the best team we've seen in our lifetimes. But, it required a lot of luck and being in the right place at the right time to make it happen. The Warriors were smart enough, and lucky enough, to take advantage of opportunity every time. Kudos. But 29 other fanbases cannot wait for this team to break up. I think one reason we are all so obsessed with MVP, DPoY and all-NBA teams now is because they're the only prizes that are up-for-grabs at the start of each season when the championship feels like a foregone conclusion. Even the EPL has more drama at the top of the table than the NBA does these days.

s3ts likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I won't hate a team simply because we can't beat them in a playoff series (at least, beat them yet).

You'll have pointed out many other reasons to hate them. But, if we lived in Golden State, then we would love them and what they are doing. It's a fan's "dream come true" to have what they have. I resent the fact that one team can be that successful for so long. But, I don't hate them just for winning. And, I've got no other real reasons to hate them other than they are great basketball players that are beating my team more often than not.

Am I pissed? Yes. But, I'm pissed at the Rockets for not playing to their potential (so far).

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i live 30 min from oakland and i despise them, despite them being my 2nd favorite team a lot of the time before the last 5-6 years. I rooted like crazy for the we believe teams, etc.

s3ts likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yes. But I thought we all made it clear that their success is not the reason we hate them.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Warriors are insufferable for all the reasons listed above, BUT, they play basketball really well. Maybe the most talented team ever.

s3ts likes this.