1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate Ostertag-do you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StanDMan, Mar 27, 2001.

Tags:
  1. StanDMan

StanDMan Member

I don't know why, but as I watch the Utah game I keep thinking how much I hate Ostertag. Maybe because he sucks or is lazy, I don't know. Does anyone else feel like this?

------------------
    Matt Bullard Fan Club
    www.AirBullard.com

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I despise that prick more than any other sports figure in the world. I hate him with a passion. Not just as a basketball player, as a person. He makes me want to vomit with his presence on this planet. I hate him. I hate Greg Ostertag.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Who is better Ostertag or Cato?

It would be a scoreless draw in a head-to-head game...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Ostertag makes Cato look like 10 Hakeem Olajuwons in one!

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

5. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Nah, because his dumb ass is always in foul trouble, so you rarely ever have to watch him.

------------------

6. Elliott03

Elliott03 Member

i like the fact that anyone can score on him in the post and dont even have to gaurd him on defence. its like playing 4 on 5 its briliant for us

------------------
    KD 12-21-99

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Polynice is just as pitiful... His shot is the ugliest thing since Monica Lewinsky...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oster-fat is quite annoying to watch play basketball, but I wouldn't say I hate him.

------------------
    "Any event, once it has occurred, can be made to appear inevitable by a competent historian."
    Lee Simonson

9. clutchdream

clutchdream Member

I hate the whole Utah Jazz team. Do you???

------------------
    Baseball is wrong, a man with four balls can't walk.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Oh yes. I certainly do.

------------------

11. BDJ

BDJ Member

I hate the Jazz because they constantly flop. Malone just set the NBA free throw record, but I don't see what's so great about that. It just shows that he's scored a lot of his points just by falling down on his ass and crying to the officials.
    I hate the Sonics too - they constantly reach and slap at other players. The Rockets must feel like they've been mugged after leaving Seattle.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oster-fat isn't worth hating.

Malone and Flopton, on the other hand?

I caught the second half of the game---missed the best parts---but I take it there were no incidents like last night's Mavs-Jazz game? Malone elbowed Nowitzki, then got his new Prison b**** Donyell to commit some cheap-ass fouls on the guy as well. Sent Dirk to the floor a couple times. The Jazz are just thugs, and why they've been allowed to get away with this crap for so long, (and why anyone buys into their venerable, respectable-way-to-play-the-game speeches) is beyond me.

------------------

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Hey, I had the luxury of playing against him in the state high school basketball tournament. Plano East vs. Duncanville baby! Of course, they beat us, so I have a long standing hate for him!!!!

He had 26 points and 11 boards, 7 blocks against us, or something to that effect.

He is big, ugly, and slow.....but man did he take up some space in the middle!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

14. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

If Greg Ostertag was a tree, what kind of a tree would he be?

------------------
    All your hoes are belong to us

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

A stiff tree.

16. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Malone and Stockton are much more deserving of hatred. But since I utterly despise the f***ing Jazz, I guess I hate worthless Osterfat too.

------------------
    "Stop your grinnin' and
    drop your linen"
    -Hudson

17. TraJ

TraJ Member

I have heard Ostertag say one thing that I liked, although I'm not sure I remember it exactly. I think there was a race horse called Ostertag or something, and someone said something to Greg about it. His response: "Is it big and slow?" Gotta admit, that's pretty good.

------------------
    The sky is falling!

18. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I dont think that there is any Jazz player that I have liked or will like EVER. One of these days I want to fly up to Salt Lake, and scream my A$$ off for the Rockets.....

Of course didnt someone say once that they dont care if you cheer for the oposing team?

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

19. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

That was me. And, no, they don't.

What the hell are you waiting for? Tickets are still available for April 9... [​IMG] Course, I've already GOT mine...

------------------
    Jazzkiller

20. Stokes

Stokes New Member

Osterfat is the one that took that girlish swing at Shaq during pre-season or Rocky Mountain Review. He's always been horrible.

I remember watching Oden Polynice working out for the Rockets in the Spring of 1986 up in the Woodlands - Wasn't much at Virginia and never thought he could be anything in the NBA.

Marshall is the one that is surprising though. I'm just surprised Jerry Sloan is going into the playoffs with Oden.

Jazz out in the first round.

------------------