1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate Fox NFL Sunday

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Nomar, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

Hmmmm, two choices.

1) Two first place 9-2 teams with the top two offenses in the league in a possible preview of the NFC Championship game, and without a doubt the NFL Game of the Year.

or

2) Last place team versus a middle of the road team in a battle of boredom.

I can understand regional broadcasting to a certain extent, but not like this. This is ridiculous.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Game of the year .... right

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Well, I enjoyed the game.

4. Hydra

Hydra Member

San Francisco is the beneficiary of a weak schedule. When they play strong teams their record is horrible. Against teams over .500 they are only 2-3, while against teams .500 or under they are 7-0.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Hey Nomar looks like your Niner dynasty will have to hold of for a while. :rolleyes:

GO COWBOYS!! yeaaahhhh

6. Nomar

Nomar Member

I guess so. I have a feeling these two team will meet again. Hopefully in Candlestick.

But there you go with the "Go Cowboys".

What a pathetic franchise the Cowboys are. You had something with Landry and Staubach at the helm. Too bad Jerry Jones is a low class b****.

7. TexasG

TexasG Member

He may be low class, but he's the only low class person with 3 Super Bowl Trophies that I know of. Q also had a good game against the G-Men. Maybe he'll turn out to be a second round steal instead of someone who was picked too early.

8. R0ckets03

We had something with Landry and Staubach huh? I guess those 3 SUPERBOWLS in the 90's dont mean much? :rolleyes:

I am not living in the past, but I thought I would just point that little accomplishment out.

Jerry Jones might be a b****, but that does not make me stop loving the Cowboys.

And you have sorry ass low class club of your own to worry about. Now exactly how long has it been since your SUCK SOX won anything? :rolleyes: You tout your little horn for the Red Sox every year and every year they roll over like the pathetic Yankee b****es that they are!

And Niners aint done crap against team with winning records. Beating up on the garbage of the lead will hardly make you a dynastsy! (LOL! :D ) :rolleyes:

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gregg Ellis over Randy Moss . Brilliant .

10. R0ckets03

If I recall correctly, about 10 other teams also passed up on that quitter. He came with baggage and Cowboys had enough luggage of their own during those times.

Yeah of course Randy is a better player then Ellis, but atleast Ellis does not profess to quitting and taking some time off during the season. :rolleyes:

11. Band Geek Mobster

Didn't the 49ers owner get convicted for something within the last few years?

That's hardly a classy thing to do...

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Go Pack Go.

I found myself rooting for the Cowboys yesterday. At first, I thought it was because they are a team of underdogs, but then I figured out it was because I want them to have a crappy draft pick!!

13. TexasG

TexasG Member

Actually didn't Moss say that he takes plays off every game. He only plays when he feels like it.

14. R0ckets03

Well I call that "quitting".

15. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

3 superbowl rings...won by Jimmy Johnson.

Back then, Jerry had nothing...AND I MEAN Nothing to do with those rings. Dont even try and sell me the "But Switzer won one of those" crap stories either. That was Johnsons teams.

16. R0ckets03

Hey I am not about to defend Jerry Jones. The man has the biggest ego and is running the franchise into the ground!

17. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Amen to that...Cowboys are lifeless without Jimmy Johnson..the cowboys sucks guys, wake up...

Actually, the niners are pretty good this year...and I don't need to say much about st louis...I was wondering the same thing why didn't show that game....Guys, no matter how you try to convince yourselves, passing up Moss for Ellis is a HUGE mistake...Moss is a freak on the field, call him all the names you want...even though he had a down year, he's still the best receiver in the game...

18. R0ckets03

Dude but I am awake. I am a big time Cowboy fan and I admit we SUCK! When have I made any claims that the Cowboys were good.

And of course passing up Moss for Greg Ellis was a mistake, but **** happens. Reciever are not the problem with the Cowboys anyways. We have Galloway and Rocket. The offensive line is decent. The defense is young, good and hungry. Next year hopefully we get some consistency out of the quarterback position. Carter looked good last game, but I guess thats only one game.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

have you guys noticed how good this years second round draft picks have been? Lets compare

1st rounders

QB's - Michael Vick
    RB's - L.T. , Deuce McAllister , Michael Bennett
    WR's - Terrell , Moss , Robinson , Gardner , Mitchell , Wayne

2nd Rounders
    QB's - Brees , Quincy Carter , Tuiasosopo ,
    RB's - A-Train , LaMont Jordan , Travis Henry
    WR's - Quincy Morgan , Chad Johnson , Fergueson , Chris Chambers ,

Vick hasnt played much , Brees looked good , Carter has won some games , Tuiasosopo could be heir-apparent to Gannon .

The Second Round RB's have been just as good as the three in the First Round . Anthony Thomas is just as good as Tomlinson , Henry and Bennett are about the same , Jordan and McAllister have had trouble finding time behind to Star runningbacks but have shown their skills nicely .

The WR's really show it , Terrell and Robinson have been fine but havent lived up to expectations , Moss has been injured , Mitchell and Wayne were buried on the depth chart . Rod Gardner is probably the most productive on the list . Quincy Morgan was hurt but he did some nice things fo the Browns , I believe Ferguson doesnt have a catch to his name . Then there is Chambers who cleary is having a great season and is the cream of the crop at WR .