1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe in God and that ALL go (eventually) to Heaven. Would you like that outcome?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K9Texan, Mar 17, 2024.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, God is all-knowing.

1 John 3:20 ESV / 180 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
    For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Psalm 147:5 ESV / 125 helpful votes
    Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.

Psalm 139:4 ESV / 87 helpful votes
    Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.

2. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that the Bible exactly answers these questions and so I'll give you my guess.

God isn't confined to this universe nor to time. God knows everything that we think and do, even before we do it. God allows people to make poor and evil choices. Why? For the education, edification, and refinement of them and probably others too. My guess is that the vast majority of people, regardless of their beliefs, will go to Heaven. I think they'll meet Jesus and immediately accept and follow him. I think it's the extreme of humanity that must be sent to the crucible, aka "Hell" for more work. But Jesus doesn't send them there for the purpose of sadistic torture. Jesus sends them there because it's the last resort to helping them. Eventually, they too will repent from their wicked ways, follow Jesus and then live with God in his kingdom.

Please stick around. I have much more to share! :)

3. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I was raised Catholic but was never a diehard about it. I'm 57 but about the time I turned 50 I picked up a Bible and began listening to various YouTube preachers. I learned a lot and decided to leave Catholicism. I have since visited a handful of Christian churches but never returned because I didn't feel any benefit. I might have returned to help teach the word of God but they were all "fire & brimstone" churches.

There are crooks in every walk of life, including Christian churches. They will pay a price.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This ultimately sounds like syncretism to the Dharmic concept of Nirvana which in the end makes it a:

Christian Heresy!!

[​IMG]

5. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I am really enjoying the theology in this thread despite my unfunny jokes.

ROCKSS and K9Texan like this.
  6. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I'm unable to view the pic or video in your previous post.

7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The pic is the Spanish Inquisition from the Monty Python skit and the video is Key and Peele about Mary Magdeline and Jesus with Mary’s pimp wanting her back.

K9Texan likes this.
  8. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Lol!

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the difference between god and me.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DD

Xopher likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Here are numerous verses that demonstrate that ALL who ever existed will be with God in his kingdom!

1 John 4:14 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 Timothy 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Lamentations 3:31 For the Lord will not cast off forever[

Romans 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Romans 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

John 12:32
    And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL people to myself.”

Revelation 21:5
    And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

2 Corinthians 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

John 6:51
    I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; 15 and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Luke 3:6 and all flesh shall see the salvation of God

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Philippians 2:10-11 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

2 Samuel 14:14 We must all die; we are like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God will not take away life, and he devises means so that the banished one will not remain an outcast.

Ephesians 1:10 As a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.

John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

1 Corinthians 15:22-28
    22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God[c] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

#92 K9Texan, Mar 20, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Even Satan and all of the demons will repent, follow Jesus, and live in God's Kingdom!

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

open up the gates of the church and let me out of here!

DaDakota and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know these ‘gods’
    Were aliens who came to this planet after they nuked the dinosaurs
    The Samarians were the oldest known civilization
    They knew how to do make cities and stuff
    Their ‘gods’ taught them
    @rocketsjudoka
    @Xerobull

JumpMan likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Ancient alien theory is real

JumpMan likes this.
  18. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the series "Ancient Aliens" and it was fascinating!

tinman and basso like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

The Sumerians came before the Jews , the Muslims, the Christians and the Hindus.

they knew about math, the first to build roads and write words and the constellation

basso likes this.
  20. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

The Book of Enoch is really interesting. Of course it's not considered "canon". Fascinating stuff nonetheless!