1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Am Embarrassed to Call Myself a Denver Broncos Fan

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 22, 2002.

1. ewfd

ewfd Member

dude.

Gannon is pushing MVP status this year.

His only bad game all year came against Miami.

The Broncos aren't the reason he does well.

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

There is always next season Manny - that's what I keep telling myself about the Bears. :D

At least they made a game of it.

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Manny-

I too have been a Broncos fan since I was a wee child in 1980 when I used to live there.

This season has been one of the most painful to watch, even those 3 blowout Super Bowl losses were easier to endure.

Your thoughts are pretty much right on what I have been feeling all year.

Griese is and never will be Elway. I dont like him, think he is soft, and there is no way in hell he will ever lead the Broncos back to the promise land period. Its time to search for a new leader.

Ray Rhodes is not the genius that everyone thinks he is. I was so frustrated when the Raiders beat the Broncs at Mile High errr Invesco. No pressure on Gannon is ridiculous!!! Get a clue....

In all fairness however, Gannon has proven to be one of the best QB's in the league this year and has lit up other teams as well.

Get a new Def. Coordinator, dump Griese, and draft well.....

Next year sucks......

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I heard that Drew. At least the Broncos came back and made it respectable. I had a little bit of hope when it was 21-16 and we recovered that fumble.

I think it is obvious that after this game that Brian Griese is pathetic and will never do anything worthwhile in the NFL. Steve Beuerlein HAS to start the next game.

But those 3 losses to the Dolphins, Colts, and Chargers are what hurts the most.:(

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I had McNabb, Warner, and Davis (Warner and Davis through a trade) at last check if Tom Brady blows it we could squeak in...
    Raider - Bronco games always live up to the hype, they always seem to have some sort of crazyness. Griese said this was his moment, with or without the knee I don't think he had it in him.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Touchdown, Brady to Fauria. :D

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I started talking so much shiet on the message board, then checked the score--never fails. We're up 12 -- 125 - 113.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Kinda makes you thinkg that Elway ain't so "overrated" huh? I think Shanahan is great, but he doesn't have the talent right now.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Were you ashamed to be a Rockets fan last year?

I am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and they suck and I love em'! Is that so wrong? Torturing yourself makes the championships feel that much better.

10. Holden

Holden Member

does anyone else feel that this parody is sort of cheapening the league? the games are exciting..its exciting to see what happens and whos going to end up in the super bowl...
    but after the fact... having the rams, ravens, and patriots as super bowl champs just doesnt seem as glorified as having the dynasties of the past.. like you look up to the dallas cowboys the steelers or the niners in awe..but thats not really possible now...
    it makes for a great exciting season..but after its all said and done...it just all seems cheapened...

for instance the lakers have won the NBA title 3 years in a row.
    but say that wasnt so, say the grizzlies won it last year, the nets before that, and the cavs before that, and say there was no dominant team this year either and say the orlando magic won this year...you wouldnt think of the world champion orlando magic..wow im so in awe of them..youd be thinking..eh..it was parody..they got lucky and won...any team could have done it...

maybe im just insane..does anyone see where im going...?

11. Nomar

Nomar Member

You mean parity?

12. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Thanks Manny. As I watched this game I was actually kind of mad that Romo knocked out Griese. I knew when Beuerlein came in that Denver would make a game out of it. I knew you would be seriously pissed though.

As I see it:

1) After watching every Raiders game this year I can honestly say your D did a pretty good job on Gannon this time. Last game Denver did make him look like the second coming, but only 200 yds through the air this game. They rushed him plenty, he is just having a MVP season.

2/3) Obviously, I am not a Shanahan fan but I am confident in his ability to pick QB's. He will know when to make a change and I think one is coming very soon.

4) I hope Mike keeps Ray around for 20 years. :D I hope Shanny never sees the light on this one. That way Oakland wont go on another skid Vs. the Broncs for a while.

5) Because you are a true fan of your team and not a bandwagon jumper. I know how this is because I am and always will be a Raiders fan no matter what.

RAIDERS FOOTBALL

13. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

We need corners right now so badly. I hope this happens.

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

While I am a fan of Elway for how he played and carried himself, I am glad the smug Shanahan has Al Davis eggs all over his face. I am also sick of Bronco traditions like the Mile High Dorkathon Salute, Portis celebrating after every 5 yard run, and Shirley Sharpe's showing what a dumb ass he is over the last 15 years.

All in all it was a great day for me.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think its seriously going to happen.

Sanders reportedly visiting Raiders about comeback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

Deion Sanders apparently is going from the talking stage to the meeting stage as he contemplates coming out of retirement and joining the Oakland Raiders for the playoffs.

Sanders, a CBS studio analyst who's two years removed from his playing days, is expected to arrive at Raiders camp sometime Monday to discuss joining the team, a team source told the San Jose Mercury News.

The Raiders confirmed Sunday that the club has contacted Sanders about possibly playing again. Sanders' agent Eugene Parker told ESPN there was no offer made by the Raiders and that talks were in the preliminary stages.

Sanders, a cornerback, retired after the 2000 season and 11 years in the NFL. He was a Washington Redskin at the time of his retirement.

Yet contacted late Sunday night, Sanders told ESPN.com that the chance to add a third Super Bowl ring to his collection, with an Oakland team that has now won a third straight AFC West title, was tempting.

"Like I've always said, I could roll out of bed tomorrow morning, and be able to cover," Sanders said. "That will never go away. What was missing was my desire to do it. I mean, I left the game on my own (terms), because the fire wasn't there. But here's a team in the playoffs, with a real chance to go to the Super Bowl, and an owner who always wants to win.

"I always felt like I might look good in that black and silver (uniform), you know?"

Sanders confirmed discussions with the Raiders had not yet reached the substantive stage and said he will weigh the ramifications of what a comeback might mean to his family. A source close to Sanders told ESPN.com on Sunday night that financial parameters have not been discussed but said a deal might be struck quickly if the Raiders are serious.

And Sanders' agent, Eugene Parker, noted that the public acknowledgement of mutual interest by both parties could hasten an agreement, if there is to be one.

"You know how it is," Parker told ESPN.com. "Once something like this picks up momentum, there's a chance, especially if the Raiders people get really serious about it."

Has anyone added Raiders coach Bill Callahan in the loop? In his postgame news conference, Callahan appeared puzzled when Sanders' name was mentioned, asking: "Who? I haven't heard anything about it."

But wide receiver Tim Brown said Sanders' name was batted about the locker room last week.

"Some of the players heard about it last week," Brown told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I don't even know if the coaches knew about it."

Meanwhile, the Washington Times reported Monday that the Redskins are considering whether to file tampering charges against the Raiders for contacting Sanders in violation of NFL rules. The Redskins own the rights to Sanders.

The Times did not cite sources for its report.

The Redskins placed Sanders on the "reserve retired" list last year after he refused to report to new coach Marty Schottenheimer and retain his rights indefinitely, according to the newspaper. The Raiders were required by NFL rules to get the Redskins' permission before contacting Sanders.

However, Daniel Snyder, the Redskins' owner, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Monday that he will not stand in the way of the Raiders signing Sanders nor would he seek any kind of compensation.

"I have no problem with him playing with the Oakland Raiders," Snyder told Mortensen. "We don't care. If it were the Eagles or Giants, it wouldn't happen. All Bruce Allen has to do is call me direct and it will happen. I love Bruce Allen, and I love Al Davis, and I think it would be really exciting."

Sanders, 35, made seven Pro Bowls as a cornerback and won two Super Bowls -- with the 49ers after the 1994 season and with the Dallas Cowboys the following year -- in 12 seasons.

Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson, who had missed the previous two games because of a cracked right fibula, played briefly in the first quarter against Denver on Sunday but changed out of his uniform at halftime. He said after the game that he would not play in Oakland's regular-season finale on Saturday against the Chiefs and probably would not be ready until the second week of the playoffs.

Oakland's other starting cornerback, Tory James, has missed the past two games after having surgery to stabilize a broken bone in his right leg. The Raiders started Terrance Shaw and Clarence Love for the second consecutive week as the Raiders beat the Broncos 28-16.

It's unclear what kind of deal Sanders would get, but players receive salary for the regular season only; the team could add incentives to the deal that would count against the salary cap in future years.

16. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

One more Raider win, and homefield advantage is ours (the Super Bowl is in SD, meaning another home game for us). GO RAIDERS!!! (I'm always at ESPNZone Anaheim during games, so stop by if you're in LA)

Moe, lets see if he clears waivers first.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Deion officially released by the Skins... This is looking closer and closer to a reality.

18. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I hope it does. It'll just **** up the Raiders if they play him in a playoff game.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'd rather put Lester Hayes and Willie Brown out there right now than Terrance Shaw and Clarence Love.

20. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I agree. After watching the circus in the secondary now, I figure Deion cant be worse. I dont think it will screw them up at all. Whenever I question this decision I just think of how Fiedler looked like Marino a few weeks ago.