1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Am Embarrassed to Call Myself a Denver Broncos Fan

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Absolutely pitiful and disgraceful.

I just want to know the answers to a couple of questions:

1) Why is it that every time the Broncos play the Raiders, they make Rich Gannon look like freaking Joe Montana?

2) Why does Brian Griese suck so much?

3) When is Mike Shanahan gonna realize #2?

4) When is Mike gonna realize that Ray Rhodes is a joke of a DC and get rid of his ass?

5) Why do I subject myself to such torture?

At any rate, congrats to moe and Scary and all the other Raider fans for winning the AFC West.

For the second time this weekend, I predicted one of my favorite teams to get drilled (I had picked the T-Wolves to beat the Rockets last night) and sadly I was right. I really didn't want to become Nostradamus, but it is sad that I know that this is how my teams will play. Baseball should be fun once the Red Sox choke again.:(

2. Holden

Holden Member

cmon comic book guy..the games not over yet...dont jump the gun...

every team from that division would make the playoffs if i made the rules. the chiefs and chargers are soo much better than their records..

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

<b>Manny</b>, given your geographic location you know you should be a Titans fan!!

Hey <b>holden</b>, where's your frown?

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

giddy,

I started liking the Broncos when I was 10 years old because of John Elway. At that time, as you know, there was NO team in Tennessee. I have been through the 3 Super Bowl blowout losses and then the sweet redemption of winning back-to-back Super Bowl wins.

Sorry, but no Johnny come lately team like the damn Titans are going to make me drop my team. They should have moved 20 years ago when I was looking for a team to root for.

It is just absolutely heart-breaking to see a great coach like Mike not be able to win because he has a sucky QB in Griese and a sucky DC in Rhodes.

Holden,

When your QB is Griese and you can't even get close to touching Gannon, the game is over. It was over before it even started. However, I agree with you on the Chiefs and Chargers. The AFC West has been one of the best divisions in the NFL this year.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

\

You dont have to be Nostradamus to know that the Red Sox will Choke again.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

21-3. You better hope Beuerlein still has some juice left in that arm.

and I would like to welcome the newest member of the Oakland Raiders... DEION SANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Manny, at least your Broncos didnt blow their playoff spot by losing to the Bengals, err Bungals, like some team today.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

after the topic of this thread i am embarrassed to catch myself reading a Manny Thread ;)

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I've got Griese on my fantasy team. I'm already in the losers playoff bracket. With both Bulger and Griese out (my starting QBs this week), it looks like I might set a record low for points this week. Hello, last place! :mad: :mad: :mad:

A

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Please.

I will make any kind of bet you want... there is no way in hell the Giants beat the Eagles this weekend. No chance.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Cat,

Relax, number one. We are on the same side in most every sports argument, and we are both fellow Longhorns. Do not jump down my throat please.

Number 2, playoff teams shouldn't be losing to Cincinnatti and Minnesota this year, not in december.

Granted, the Vikings loss isn't nearly as bad as this one.

But I would definitely say if Broncos fans are this angry at losing to Oakland again, I can only imagine the torture Saints fans are enduring right now.

I just don't get it, was it motivation, stupid mistakes, the Bungals playing way over their heads?

It just doesn't bode well for NO other than a one and done anyway, not unless Haslett can find a way to mask those defensive deficiencies. And you know a team that gives up 20 points on average all year has some.

I would agree that you should get in over NYG, but right now the Giants as Fassel always does, is dominating the end of the year, and the Saints are trying to back in. Not a good combination.

And the missing the playoff thing is used for effect.

But no matter how you spin it, losing to Cincy this year, especially with a lot on the line, does not look good for the Saints. I would hope we agree there.

12. The Cat

It doesn't, but assuming they can get to the playoffs, I am confident.

Who haven't the Saints beaten out of the playoff teams (besides ATL)? They've beaten the Bucs twice, the Niners, the Packers, etc.

The problem with the Saints today, despite how it is being spinned in the media, is the offense. They didn't even get to 250 yards, and only got 3 points off of 4 Bengal turnovers. Deuce still isn't 100 percent (he should have the brace off next week), and that hurts them a lot. The Bengals did run all over the Saints in the fourth, but they were worn out by that time from being on the field the entire second half.

IMO, for whatever reason, the Saints offense just doesn't seem to have the same motivation against lesser teams. The Bengals, Vikes, Lions, Browns... all terrible losses. But they've beaten almost every contender. There is so much talent there offensively that I think they are complacent in games that they think they should win anyway, and they think they can turn it on whenever they want. It was their downfall today, and potentially the downfall of their season.

However, if the Eagles do their job, I still have confidence in this team for the playoffs against the Niners or whomever. Assuming Deuce is near 100 percent by this time, that offense is virtually unstoppable when they have their head in the game. It's easy to say "well it won't be as easy now that they're losing", but by precedent, they have a shot. Remember, after back to back losses, including one at home to the Browns, they came out and virtually dominated the Bucs on national TV.

The Saints defense just isn't that good. However, their offense is good enough to compensate for them and win most games. It's just a matter of too much complacency on offense in games they expect to dominate.

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Saints have to take care of the Panthers, too.

14. The Cat

Saints won't lose to the Panthers at home, if the Giants have already lost (Giants play Saturday). The Saints number one enemy is complacency and motivation, and if they know they're going to the playoffs by kickoff, they'll win.

15. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

With their last two games, I really can't believe it until I see it. I was completely amazed when I was watching the highlights. Don't get me wrong, I want the Saints to win, I hate the Giants, but its too similar to last year...

16. The Cat

If it's similar to last year, they would've lost every game in December, especially Tampa Bay and a game at Baltimore.

Last year was a once in a lifetime scenario; the team totally quit. This team didn't quit... they're just gotten some bounces against them. The Minnesota game could've easily gone either way, and they just didn't have the focus today.

Win or lose for NY, I'd bet the world on the Saints winning next week.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good game Broncos, we will see you next year.

OAKLAND RAIDERS

3 TIME DEFENDING AFC WESTERN DIVISON CHAMPIONS

Super Bowl bound

Deion Sanders... come now and get another ring to shove in Boomer's face.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Griese may have cost me a trip to my Fantasy Football Superbowl -1. I hate Romanowski.

19. ewfd

ewfd Member

I know I'm out of my fantasy football championship because my QB (bulger), and RBs (A. Thomas and S. Davis) all went down with injuries.

=[

20. Elvis Costello

I root for the Saints against my better judgement. I think there is a latent Oiler virus in me because as soon as I take an interest in a team they start to choke. The last two years they have played some of the worst football I have ever seen in the second half of the season. How in the hell do you lose to the Lions and Bengals in the same season *ever*? Maybe I am just bitter that Deuce Mcallister had his worst game of the year for me in two fantasy playoff games...sigh...