1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am done with Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nick, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

First off, let me say that this is not in response to tonight's game (which isn't even over yet), or anything that happened last season.

Its mainly because we brought Adelman in for a reason (offensive effeciency, excitement)... and he has yet to bring a semblance of the qualities we thought we were getting.

And now, its painfully obvious that this team will always struggle to run his offense... Yao is not effective in the high post, Rafer is more of a game manager than an initiator/innovator, and T-mac/Artest need to dominate the ball to be effective offensively.

So... if he's not going to implement his offense, why is he the coach of this team? Might as well get somebody who has excelled with a low-post center and can coach up the defense (which has regressed, regardless of what the stats say).

Also, maybe somebody who has a little bit more in the tank... I've always questioned whether or not Adelman still had the inner-resolve to go all out to win games. He's aged... and mellowed a ton since his Portland/Sacramento days.

2. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

3. aronsept

aronsept Member

I am done with this thread, I'm serious.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

So you're done with Rick

The other guys is done with T-mac

So what exactly do y'all plan on doing since you guys are done with them?

5. snappyd

snappyd Member

Go for the Clips or Wizards I suppose. God knows cheering for those teams would be highly enjoyable.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I just don't see any difference in what Adelman is doing as opposed to what Tom Tibedeaux could do (who we never had to let go).

I understand why they had to make a change after the 2007 Jazz playoff seriese loss (even though Morey didn't want to get rid of JVG)... but the change was so that they would be a more "uptempo" and "higher scoring" team (per the owner, who made the decision).

Morey is clearly in charge of the personnel decisions for the forseeable future (so you don't need a coach that wants to be the GM). But, if this team is more effective as a low-post/pound-it-in team... why bother with an offensive innovator as coach? Might as well get somebody to coach up the defense.

I never said I was done with T-mac... we're stuck with him regardless of whether or not he regains his form. Might as well let him rest (or strenghten the knee), and get something out of him while you can.

7. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Use 2 OTs to overcome short-handed Ja$$

we got the talents, we got so many weapons. Rick aka "dont' know" does not use it simply. Our players have not changed since 5 mins left of 4th qt (15mins at least)

:eek: :eek:

8. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i dont get why rick went for yao 10 times in a row in the 4th quarter...

if he went for artest half of those times, rockets would have won this game before OT

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Because he knows this team is incapable of running his offense... and thus he overly dumbs it down.

I called for more Artest before the start of the first overtime... it only took 5 more minutes.

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I was frustrated with Rick too, he made some decisions I can't really defend.

Let's be rational, realistic though. Who do the Rockets get as a coach to replace him? Scott Skiles? Avery Johnson? huh

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I just mentioned him above.... but he won't be available till after this season (and he will be in high demand).

And, btw... he is one of the main reasons Yao grew a pair between his 3rd and 4th year.

12. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Some people were screaming GO TO YAO last game. Guess what?

13. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I am done with Rafer, almost done with Yao and Coach A.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well I kinda understand you, bro.

Adelman obviously is a great coach but he sometimes makes some strange decisions. Tonight's game was a good example.

First of all, it was on our players. The game SHOULD HAVE ENDED in normal time. We had a BIG lead. Players didn't take care.

But even after that, the game could have ended after the 1st overtime. It was a STUPID decision to keep going to Yao. He had something like 2 points and the ball just stopped in his hands. We were begging Adelman to finally get the ball to Ron, but no. Yao is Yao. And what in the 1st overtime we scored 5 points.

Than he went to Artest (finally) and the results? He drew fouls (4 points) two posetions in a row. Than they doubled him so Scola got the and 1. Than Artest made a jumper and than once again was foul. Results? 19 points in another overtime and a WIN.

Going to Yao is not always good. Adelman needs to understand that. In crunch time you wanna go to either Ron or Mac.

15. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

that works sometimes, but every play? that was frustrating to watch. i kept on yelling... go to artest and let him drive! we won, that's all that matters now.

16. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

I told you guys...Adelman is not the right coach for this team. bring back JVG. I"m serious.

17. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I hate being a Rockets fan.

All you guys do is b**** and complain.

18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

ok, you want a guy who has never head-coached a team before to take over and that might not even be possible given the demand from "other teams"

You better be convinced. If Adelman gets run out of town (which he won't, management is not dumb enough to fire HOF coaches for nothing), there would be no reputable coach who would want to sit down with Houston for at least the foreseeable future. You don't just fire quality coaches at the snap of a finger.

Yes, he's made some dumb decisions. But honestly, given the injuries and all that, I think he's done a very solid job through the beginning of the season and we all know the Rockets are usually slow starters...but they explode down the stretch.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think we have to wait until summer. Any coach deserves at least 2 full seasons. I'm not quite done with Adelman but he has really lost my respect, at least for now. I knew he was a little stubborn when he came here but this is ridiculous. Too bad he doesn't have the guts to have a call-in radio show like JVG did. People would find out in a hurry he is one of the most prickly coaches you ever want to see.

20. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Why let Rafer shoot all the free throws at the end of the game. We have better free throw shooter in Brooks, Barry.

RA is not a good coach just according to this details.