1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[hypocrisy at its finest] When Democrats didn't accept the result of 2000 election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 20, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Very good!

I have beliefs and my business buddies have very similar beliefs.

You mentioned something that is true. Trump really isn't making the business choices. That is the people he hires. Hilary Clinton is in the same mold. My belief is Trump will appoint the correct people to run this country.

I feel Clinton will appoint the correct people for her interest.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

That book you guys have been looking for is here...

[​IMG]

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How about this. If Trump wins the popular vote and still looses the election you can cry and riot.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hundreds of millions of dollars given to kasich, Jeb bush and Marco Rubio

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually Gore was about to concede when he was called and said that Florida had triggered an auto recount, so he needed to wait.

DD

mc mark likes this.
  6. MexAmercnMoose

"loses"

-UH grad

7. fchowd0311

Oh, I see you were triggered.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I don't think you would have to look long or hard to find posts here in this forum by Democrat supporting posters who still don't accept the result of the 2000 election as legitimate. Also, if you watch the extremist howlers on MSNBC, many of them still do not accept the result of the 2000 election as legitimate, either.

This despite the fact that no final vote count in Florida ever showed Gore having a lead in that state.

So I take exception with the premise of this thread that this phenomenon is a function of the past, when it is in fact still for many Democrat voters very much a matter of the present.

9. fchowd0311

Sometimes I wonder if you are being purposely obtuse.

Like I stated before, If Trump LOSES the election but somehow magically won the popular vote, by all means go riot. This **** false equivalency needs to ****ing stop. He's been calling 'fraud' months before the election and now he's calling it with pretty much every indication that he's going to lose the popular vote by a considerable margin. Do you seriously believe in the bullishit you are spewing. Who the **** are you trying to convince?

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Maybe if you cuss and pitch a hissy fit, that will make your presentation more convincing. {sarcasm}

Where did I say anything about Donald Trump? Answer: I didn't. Not a word.

Strawman much?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether people on this thread or Democrats in general buy the florida results as legitimate, that doesn't matter and doesn't have anything to do with the outrage here. The Democratic nominee for President did accept the results. He didn't rant for months before the election that it was rigged and he wouldn't abide by the results. But here we have one candidate for President who before the election even happens is saying it isn't a fair election and that it's rigged.

It isn't the same at all.

12. fchowd0311

Crawl back to your safe space if you can't handle 4 consecutive asterisks on a monitor. There is no straw man here. You are obviously agreeing with the thread's premise that a Democrat calling out Trump on ******** on our voting process months before the election is a 'hypocrite' because 'Al Gore'. Don't project your inability to use basic common sense onto me. I can see through your bullshit.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It doesn't matter what Gore did because SCOTUS made a final one-off decision that was split purely on partisan lines.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm just ribbing the Aggies. It's a national pastime in Texas. It's a good school, but they are known for their distinctive political culture. It would not shock me to learn that Trump scores well there.

(If you really want to know, I went here.)

That's one thing I thought was pretty interesting about this campaign season -- its Clinton that hires the best people. The difference in fit and finish between the two campaigns is significant. Clinton's has been stable while Trump has gone through changes over the course of the campaign. Clinton has a better ground game, a better advertising strategy, better fundraising, better PR, better opposition research, better debate preparation, better surrogates, better media relations, better crisis management. The one thing I can think of to say for Trump is that he seems to have captured the zeitgeist of a particular slice of the electorate, but that's more of a credit to Trump's own shrewdness than it is to any of the people he's hired. A lot of this landslide, I think, can be chalked up to the fact that as an 'outsider' he didn't know as well as Clinton who to get and where and how to use them. You can probably expect the same if he ever saw the inside of the Oval Office. He might eventually get good people because highly talented people are attracted by the office, but he won't get there as quickly as Clinton. She probably keeps her rolodex in a 55-gallon drum. People can quibble about whether a Trump person or a Clinton person will have the right approach, but I'd expect Clinton's people to at least be top shelf.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Trump and supporters-
    They are conceding that they will lose the election already (which they will lose) and they are already disputing the hypothetical results, which will be tremendous, believe me, they will be huge.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Gore certified the electoral results in his official capacity with Congress. I remember watching that on C-SPAN over Christmas break, never respected a politician more than seeing him preside over that session. It isn't always stirring speeches or aircraft carrier landings that make a great statesman.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Cheap college would inflate the applicant pool and raise admissions standards. Also discrediting people based on baccalaureate education casts a somewhat wider cultural and racial net than just NASCAR dads.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

OMG A&M grads are Trump supporters!!! Wow who would have ever thought that?

http://www.chron.com/news/education...list-of-most-conservative-schools-6435734.php

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-conservative-colleges-in-the-us-2015-3

https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/most-conservative-colleges/s/texas/

All 3 links have A&M ranked number one. Again... I can not believe your friends that graduated from there support Trump.

Truly baffling.