1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[hypocrisy at its finest] When Democrats didn't accept the result of 2000 election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Money behind the GOP does not seriously want the Executive, they want to own Congress by running against the Executive.
    They would lose support of they were seen as "in charge" and doing nothing when doing nothing is what they want.
    /// gridlock in the sweetspot

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is why Gore's gracious acceptance of the outcome helped heal the nation. Sanders whole-hearted endorsement of Hillary also made things much less conflicted going forward.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This. If this election is as close as the Bush-Gore election -- so close that errors in counting in particular precincts can literally tip the result one way or the other -- I have absolutely no problem with Trump refusing to concede, asking for recounts, or even alleging that voter fraud is a significant factor to the outcome. Or, if it's not close but fraud is rampant, I'd say it's his duty as a citizen to say no. But, fraud isn't rampant and this won't be a close vote. He's going to lose by a lot. Having a credible argument for why you should be the winner makes all the difference. That some other guy in the past had a valid argument to contest an election does not justify every future chump to say its not fair for him to lose.

I do actually agree with Trump's strategy to not pre-commit to conceding. He'll want to give himself some wiggle room if he needs it. But, he's done it a very ham-handed way. He should have said yes with caveats. "Certainly, if the will of the people is clear and there is no significant voter fraud, of course I will accept the outcome of the vote." That'd give him outs for (a) if the vote was very close or (b) he can dream up some plausible conspiracy theory on how exactly Clinton rigged all the independent polling as well as the decentralized and Republican-controlled voting process.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

Did they decide controlling the Senate was a little too much "in charge"?

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This just isn't true. The money behind the GOP put A TON of money behind Jeb Bush and were prepared to put that money behind guys like Rubio and Kasich if they had a shot. Some of them even put a lot of money behind Ted Cruz.

They aren't willing to put money behind Trump because he doesn't represent GOP values and they were barely willing to do it with Cruz. They want a moderate Republican president.

6. Major

Major Member

You may need to re-learn your history about who filed what lawsuits when.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It's not like Harry Reid was eager to bring any House bills up in the Senate.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This is an absurd comment. I'd say most if not all of my local grad friends from A&M and the guys I went to school with at UoH are Trump guys. It's very well known in our professional jobs to not openly admit to liking Trump because of the liberal party classifying Trump supporters as racist/etc.

With more minorities in the professional world these days it would be professional suicide to show favoritism towards him. Those numbers are easily skewed and I suspect the 4% difference in Hilary to Trump for obtaining Bachelor degrees is within the margin of error.

Wrong.

9. JuanValdez

When we classify people as college-educated or not-college-educated, we should do a special carveout for Texas A&M. :p

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Show me any enthusiasm for a Moderate Republican. They are thrilled to be able to run local firebrands in 2018 against Ms. Clinton and her gridlock ineffectiveness. It's all a scam to keep tax rates and regulation right where they have them.

11. tmacfor35

I could also pull a stat that showed people with lower income levels typically go with the democrats, and say it in a way that would deem you as unsuccessful. How would that make you feel? Kind of mean to say something like that to someone you don't know!!!!! Shame on you bro.

12. tmacfor35

Where did you attend? Lol

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You do realize if only college educated whites voted this election Trump would win, right?

[​IMG]

#33 RocketsLegend, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your example doesn't work because lower income levels isn't the only place Hillary wins. Hillary also wins among women, POC, and college educated people, while Trump only wins really one single segment, which is non-college educated white males.
    Where is your source for that breh? This one says Clinton has a +6 lead with college educated white males
    http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/18/clinton-trump-fox-news-poll.html

and another one that shows that stupid people are the only group which supports Trump this election cycle
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...n-track-to-be-wider-than-in-recent-elections/

15. tmacfor35

But it does work. You took a sample of something to demean a voter group, or to make someone feel stupid. You are "big league" or "bigly" insecure.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't you find it ironic that Trump would probably fail a freshmen level U.S government final?
    That doesn't scare you?
    It doesn't scare you that his knowledge of how the world economy works is magnitudes lower than most other heads of states which will lessen our bargaining power?

I highly doubt your anecdotes are true. Maybe there are some U of H Trump supporters but then again any swinging dick can get into UofH.

17. tmacfor35

Tier 1 business school. I was proud to be a Coog. You can doubt all you want or insult my alma matter but I'm just letting you know there is a false narrative being pushed. Please let me know where you went? So I can criticize your hard work! Rolls eyes.

Being in business, my argument is Trump will be better equipped to put more qualified people in office and actually worry about the issues at hand. Clinton has shown through actions that her interest overcede American interest.

We have been living the Clinton,Obama,Bush years for too long. Time to change it up.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It seems you're the insecure one, as you took offense to me saying that Trump only wins with non-educated white males and nobody else. Don't want to be associated and lumped in with those people huh?

19. tmacfor35

I get exhausted when people are mean to others. I dont have an issue with it because I am choosing what is best for me. I just think you should cool it with the way you present an argument to someone. You just come off like a jerk.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I never said I'm a genius. My school (UMass Amherst) is only marginally better I guess. Not an Ivy league level school. Field of study is a different story though.

UofH must have failed you if you honestly believe a man who slipped out from a 300 million dollar vagina is a competent businessman because he has a 1 billion dollar business mostly in real estate which I consider the lowest common denominator form of entrepreneurship because it's nothing more than glorified rent collecting. But hey, what do I know about business as a MechE guy. That's your territory. On top of that, he hardly does any of the nuanced business decision making. That was evident in his tax attorney coming out and stating that he had NO PART in his 'genius tax avoidance'

Every god damn rich trust fund spoiled brat goes into Real Estate.

#40 fchowd0311, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016