1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to stop their bench.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, May 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Foul IGUODALA!! he is shooting 50% from the line this post season and this will slow down the game if they go on those spurts. he went 0-3 tonight they tried to do it with Capella lets do it with Iggy.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We've seen that the Hack-A strategy actively hurts us.

The Rockets simply need to get back in transition defense, play sound half court defense, and limit turnovers.

Obviously those are things that are quite simple yet troublesome for the Rockets, but that's what you have to do to beat a team like the Warriors. You just can't make mistakes.

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Yeah, here's a thought: Get back in transition.

4. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Can someone please explain how or why do scrubs like Livingston, Austin Rivers and JJ Barea go off against us ? Is our point guard defense that bad ? The crazy thing is if we advanced I bet Dementolva would go off as well. We need Bev in the worst way.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You've got to shut down their role players and bench. Curry had 34 and no one else had more than 18. If you stop everyone else they can't win, even with Curry going off. Curry shot lights out tonight. Like someone said before, make them play 2 on 5.

6. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Livingston I wouldn't count on doing what he did again honestly. He hit a lot of floaters/mid-range shots he normally wouldn't.

I would say it is more pressing to keep him off the glass I felt like he got quite a few offensive boards that extended possessions.