1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Much are We Missing Tari?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How Much are We Missing Tari?
    I think his impact is more than anticipated.
    Yes he was a bench played but he had the XFactor
    Other injuries hurt too. We have not gotten our rhythm back since some of them
    But
    I cannot help but think Tari could help alot

Rocket River

jb86 likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Team could really use Tari, but I'm of the opinion just rest him for the remaining season. Let him fully heal and not be short-sighted.

AroundTheWorld and Rocket River like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree. I just keep thinking that the TEAM GRADE is incomplete right now
    though the individual grades are what they are

Tari had become like Ime's Swiss Army Knife

Rocket River

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

its common sense Tari would help. He impacts the game even being on a minutes restriction all year but the rockets have been playing against injured teams all year.

The reality is they spent a boatload of money on players that don't impact winning to the level of their contracts. FVV at max still laughable. Stuck with Brooks for $4 years 90 mil. Laughable. Jalen turns out to be a bust. and the other core young guys are exactly that, still young. All in all gives you a 30 win team

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Some of those bad/close lossses to tanking teams could have been wins.

But the Thunder & the other good teams we get beat up by? Those teams are simply in a differnet class. Rockets woudl still be outside the play-in

6. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

We had to spend the money...essentially, FVV will be on an expiring contract next season (has team option for 25-26 season) and Dillon Brooks has a descending contract (dollar amount decreases each year of his contract)...we're in a good position compared to the past 3 seasons with Silas, but I would say Stone is not the right GM for our team...we need more of a basketball-mindset GM, not someone who knows how to write contracts

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

having to spend the money doesn't make it untrue. both significantly overpaid.

AroundTheWorld likes this.