1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know we've asked this question before,but it's been awhile and with the influx of all the new folks,I thought we'd give it a shot again and see about the crossection of people that dwell here now.....I'll start off.

I'm a native Houstonian (grew up in Bellaire) and have been a fan all my life..I'm 41.

#1 Plowman, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. BritKid12

BritKid12 Member

I'm from England originally, moved to Houston at age 10 in 1990. I have been a Rockets fanatic as soon as I found out what basketball was. I'm 27 years old now. I've attended every Rockets game this season! I had "The Dream" sneakers by Etonic when I was a kid.

3. Nilejuve18

Nilejuve18 New Member

Im from Jersey and Ive liked them since 1992

4. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

I am from North Korea and i've been a fan ever since i could remember.

5. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

'83 @ age 10 via Phi Slamma Jamma.

I'm behind enemy lines now, but I still bleed Rockets/Astros/Texans.

6. jboslett

jboslett Member

I'm from upstate New York and I'm 20 years old. I've been a fan since the day I won a Houston Rockets playball in one of those crane machines. Saw them on TV, fell in love with Hakeem.

7. cneptune

cneptune Member

Born and raised in Louisiana. There was no team there back in the 80's, so I started rooting for the Rox back in the Twin Towers days (1985).

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

28 years, entire life

SW Houston!

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Titletown,Tx better known as La Marque,Tx. I've been a rox fan since 79. From moses,calvin and rudy t, to dream,horry,clyde,kenny and that crew. The rox are my #1 sports team followed by the titans/oilers , texans, astros. 37 yrs old.

10. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Native Houstonian and still live here...

Been a fanatic for about 15 years... I'm 24 :D

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Indiana since 02! :D

12. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

Camarillo, California since 1980

13. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I was a fan of Akeem when he was at Phi Slamma. I followed him to the NBA and have been a Rockets fan ever since. I was born and live in Columbus, Ohio.

14. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I was born in Houston, and lived in Katy until I was in the 1st grade ('92-'93 season). I used to have the '90-91' team photo (the one where they're in front of the billboard that reads "COURT IS NOW IN SESSION") hanging above my loft bed and saw it every morning when I woke up, so all of my recurring memories from childhood feature The Dream, Matt Bullard, Otis Thorpe, Sleepy Floyd, and yes, even David Wood. It's hanging in my bathroom now, so I still say good morning to those guys to date.

But I digress. I ended up in Southern Indiana after that (I'm assuming because my parents hated me) and went to high school in the middle of a cornfield there, and now I'm a 22 year-old senior at Indiana University.

It's hard being an NBA fan in the heart of college ball country; I can't wear all my Rox gear without hearing snide comments from strangers in my classes about how the NBA is a joke. Everyone here still worships at the altar of Coach Knight, and, admittedly, the NBA's style of play these days couldn't be farther from the General's. Either way, I make it a point to drag my friends to the sports bars in the Bloomington when the Rox are nationally-televised, demand that they change the channel to the game, and cheer my ass of in spite of the bewildered, denigrating stares of everyone else in the bar. Otherwise, I spent a portion of my student loan to buy the League Pass, and I've only missed 7 games this season.

I'll assume the position of the self-anointed biggest Rockets fan in Indiana, until someone challenges me for the title.

15. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

New Jersey since 2004.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i was born in houston, still live in houston, and have been a fan of the rockets since 1992.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Born and raised in Houston. Fan since the '92-'93 playoffs, when I first watched professional basketball. Unfortunately my dad wasn't a big basketball fan back then so it was up to me, as a 10 year old, to discover the Rockets on my own.

I went to my first game in the '93-'94 season, vs. the Spurs and my dad and I have been to about 120 together since then. I was fairly tall for my age, so when I started playing basketball in middle school, I played on the block and patterned my game after Hakeem. Then I stopped growing and had to start playing more like Matt Maloney.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm 23 years old.

I've been a Rocket fan since 1993.

I'm a Jersey boy, but now I live in the miserable city where people root for the Denver Crapnuggets.

Cod

19. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

im from houston (missouri city more specifically). i got to Prairie View A&M.

been a fan since i understood the game of basketball (1994)

20. Omer

Omer Member

Originally from Pakistan, currently in Virginia.

Rockets fan since 2004.