1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How hard do we need to go at it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TracywtFacy, Mar 31, 2017.

1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

We're in a weird "safe zone" at this tail end of the regular season, have been for a while. Weird because I can't recall our team not having to battle it out until the end in recent memory.

Virtually locked up 3rd in the West and 3rd in the league, seeing as we've got a few easy games to finish the season.

We really don't need to go all out like these other teams fighting for seeding and trying to make the playoffs.

Can't we just coast until the postseason? Rest key guys and stay injury-free, just get everyone healthy and fresh for the playoffs?

#1 TracywtFacy, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind it at all. They seem to be kind of coasting anyway. You've got a team like Portland within 2 at the end of a game, close them out.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

We need to go in hard. no homo.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think you go hard... but severley limit minutes... You give your starters idk 15-20 to keep them in rhythm at full speed... then you clear the bench and see who might be able to give you something in the playoffs...

heypartner and PyroTex like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo, despite being locked into to a seed, I don't see us trying to be like the big boys and shut it down. We can still improve and gain consistency, so should strive to do that. The improvement comes from further integration of Lou, and defense intensity. In order to do that, I'm not a big fan of changing rotations and substitution patters. Those are so key to chemistry. However, the last two games of the season ... sure, why not?

If we want to do more rest, I suppose I could see just doing playoff rotation and substitution patterns for the 1st half of some games....and maybe calling it a night, and do wholesale substitutions for the entire 2nd half. That is: go full out with a regular game plan for the first half, and challenge the playoff rotation team to win that half.

PyroTex and Mr. Clutch like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You got to go hard and stay hard for a prolonged period of time.

No point going hard for a short time