1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good will Jeremy Lin be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Jul 15, 2012.

?

How good will be Jeremy Lin?

1. Future Hall of Famer

6.9%
  2. Star/All star caliber player

25.9%
  3. Solid starter

54.2%
  4. Backup point guard

9.8%
  5. Scrub

3.1%
  1. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

delusional or not. atleast we're not trying to badger on someone before they even play for us. jeremy lin is playing on the Rockets (or so it is assumed he will) so wtf would you treat him like crap? do you want him to hate Houston before he even plays a game?
    he will be a solid starter, probably averaging 15 point, 6 assists, but i wouldn't be surprised if he broke out in a season or two. he's a young guy with a very strong work ethic, that usually translates into high upside and potential.

2. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I hope this thread is not locked and just dies.

A year from now, after Jeremy Lin has had a successful year, I want to revive this thread and make Sigmund's head explode. :grin:

3. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

maybe because he didn't want to play and aggravate his injury? maybe because he didn't want to go out there and have his injury be a liability to his team? maybe.. I DONT KNOW. i could sit here and for one hour make up a bunch of scenarios in my head why he wasn't able to play. it's called speculation, and you're doing the same thing.
    you're just saying he isn't competitive because he didn't play in the playoffs during injury. all i know, is that ive read in multiple reports that this is a guy who works very hard and is very committed to being the best he can be for his team. if that's who he is then i have no problem with this competitiveness or his will to play.
    im not going to speculate why he didn't play in the playoffs, or why he chose not to play for the Select team, because speculation is a made up scenario that can be twisted to fit a point of view. you should know that; you seem to be a master of speculation.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are hatin on Lin, you are hatin on a Christian, Tebow, breakthrough athlete........

5. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Yes. He didn't play in playoffs, because he was afraid of Mario Chalmers. I guess he realized he can't afford another 1-11 FG, 8 TO performance.

Select team? A lot of full court press is going on there. His dribble is too high making it easy for opponents to strip the ball away. Especially, if that opponent is named Russell Westbrook with 6'8 wingspan and...handchecking is allowed.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I love the part where everyone ****s on you repeatedly in the thread.
    AND LOL AT DISRESPECTING DERRICK ROSE. You "admit he's a solid starter"? UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. He's way more than a solid starter.

Wow. Why don't you get off the Rockets board and join your national hero Goran Dragic in Phoenix?

7. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

he's not a rockets fan. I don't remember one time he posted something actually concerning the team.

8. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

You can do that. Best you can hope for is bunch of people crying how good would he be, if he weren't injured.

9. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Are u a New York Knicks fan?

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I'll keep spamming Sigmund thread with this video
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Also, i think he is extremely mad that CFers keep saying that he's GlenRice(a lot of people are believe he is), exposed him about his youtube account and his ethnicity

12. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Every other play he turnovers or miss lay up.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/15/3161419/jr-smith-jeremy-lin-contract-knicks-rockets

What do you think that Parsons will think? "Dude, Forston is better point guard and he is not getting paid 8M per year. Wait, he is not even on the team."

13. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Keep thinking about SEX Sigmund.

14. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinions... and I have to at least give credit to Sigmund for explaining his argument in a well put together post unlike most people who just make ridiculous comments with no common sense reasoning behind it.

I personally don't think Lin is a superstar but I also don't think he's a bust.

I think most people are worried about how much he's getting paid, and how we let dragic go.

Remember Dragic didn't have a lot of game film when the Rockets got him but when he did get start for about the same time period as Lin he put up very good numbers.

I'm just saying both sides need to calm down and let it play out.

I don't watch enough basketball to be a so-called expert and I hardly listen to "analysts" because not all are right.

But I do trust Morey and his ability to get players and increase their value.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Good idea.
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I agree about mikes system, but Morey sees the potential,
    and I think he will develop nicely, just not as a super star. I don't
    think we will get him though with NYK messing with our minds!!

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Mods, please don't ban us
    <object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Time for Sigmund Fraud to receive the Ban Hammer!!!

19. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

20. Possum

Possum Member

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIbz2cdn6lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

JEREMY LINN RULES
    SIGMUND DROOLS :p