1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good will Jeremy Lin be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Jul 15, 2012.

?

How good will be Jeremy Lin?

1. Future Hall of Famer

6.9%
  2. Star/All star caliber player

25.9%
  3. Solid starter

54.2%
  4. Backup point guard

9.8%
  5. Scrub

3.1%
  1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Lack of competitiveness? This guy has an absurd amount of competitiveness. How else would he go from undrafted Harvard player to starting PG for the Knicks?? He just sat back and relaxed and it got handed to him? No, he worked his ass off to get there.

2. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Yeah. Let's face it, this isn't the same guy anymore who slept on the couch.

3. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Yea, how dare he have an opinion that doesn't support yours on a message board:rolleyes:

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Sigmund, just blame it on Maury, like all of the other immature posters/casual fans do.

[​IMG]

6. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I think you make valid points. Like I agree that Lin does go right too much. But also I hate that people are saying Lin won't be able to perform because of our the "system". It's not like the Rockets have an offense they've been running for years. They can make their offense to show off their players best skills. They can change the offense to use Lin's isolation skills. McHale isn't stupid. He knows how to coach.

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Actually, I think the ban outcry over Sigmund is over him posting a picture of another member as if it was his own -- but, on that thread, he was claiming he is in fact the same member with two accounts -- personally I think that is a lie though.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Nevermind -- I was thinking of someone else -- mea culp mea culpa.

9. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Isn't Sigmund a 5th grader that hates Asians because he is Filipino? I mean, it doesn't seem very wise to take what someone like that has to say very seriously.

11. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

i dont understand how you let sig get to you guys...no need to get riled up over someones opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is, but at the end of the day its still an opinion and its all within the eye of the beholder

12. pass_to_Hakeem

LOL so after reading the 1st paragraph of your thread I THEN quickly realized that you are wanting Courtney Fortson or Machado which so far HASNT SHOWED Sh**??? how about we should of traded for Felton? Cause Felton is so much better than Lin? What is worse, a guy who hasnt proved anything just yet (or 1 month of sensationalism) or a guy like Felton who has been in the league for 6 years and played on 29 out of 32 teams??? cmon now!!!!

what maybe we should of been more delusional and thought Deron was gonna come here to play? Even better we can always pipe dream of CP3 next year? WE made the mistake of letting Goran go, he was our best option outside of pipe dreams like Deron and CP3

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Dude ... these are some of Sigmund's other posts about Jeremy Lin in other threads. He is a lost cause.

On Pablo Prigioni: He is better than Lin. No, just watched Prigioni in Caja Laboral this year and he was solid. He was averaging just 1.1 TO per game. Had 3rd Assist-turnover ratio in euroleague. Lin had 136th best assist-turnover ratio.

He (Lin) doesn't have point guard skills. He is small forward in 6'3" body.

On Lin averaging 18ppts, 6.6 assists and 5 rebounds per 36 minutes after Mike D'Antoni was fired, with a TS% of 58.8% which is only below Steve Nash, Stephan Curry and Jordan Farmer (not a starter) amongst PGs last year.

Thabeet's per 36 numbers for his career: 7.6 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.0 blocks. Lin didn't play 36 mins, because he can't guard his shadow, because he is NOT a true point guard and he will never be. Shoot first player, bad decision maker, he over dribble too much, doesn't know how to run team and make Melo and Stat better.

On finding a player in the 20-30 portion of his top 30 list that is better than Jeremy Lin
    Mario Chalmers who is in my mid 20's per se is better point guard than Lin.

Chalmers:
    -good defender
    -very good shooter
    -efficent scorer
    -clutch performer

Lin:
    -bad defender
    -inconsistent jumpshooter
    -volume scorer
    -turnover prone

No team will ever win a title with Lin playing a significant role.

14. Homey the Clown

Sigmund, you didn't know?! ClutchFans is the home of the delusional Rockets fan. I always get a good laugh on here lol. But I see Lin being no better than a decent/solid starter. No greater than that. I just hope he doesn't make the Rockets look stupid on the court after all of this. I'm already worried about the CP3, Parker, Westbrook, etc., matchups.

15. Coherent

Coherent Member

Jeremy Lin is an solid player, but nothing special. He is an average NBA starter, and would be much better as a back-up at this point. He has time to develop his game and the work ethic to do it too. He is probably a 14 and 5 player if he played the whole season. His turnovers are a major concern though. Good thing Lamb, Jones and Motiejunas all look to be future starters.

16. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Dwyane Wade played with knee pain throughout the playoffs. His mentally disturbed ex wife attempted to kidnap his children. He didn't know where his kids are when he played the game of basketball. What has Mr. Undrafted done? He sat on the bench and didn't want to play, because he was only 85% ready. Poor guy.

Derrick Rose kept coming back after injuries too soon, because he thought he is the difference maker. Russell Westbrook played at least three games with sprained ankle. And yet Lin is somehow big time competitor?

17. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

There are published articles on why Lin did not play in the playoffs and did not join the USA select team. Please take the time to read them before criticizing other posters.

As far as the playoffs are concerned, remember what happened to Grant Hill after the 2000 playoffs when he was with Detroit? He was never the same after that.

I cracked the bone in my tibia right below my kneecap as well as pulled ligaments and ripped cartilage from the bone in my knee in both of my legs when I was 12. It is painful, and did not fully heal for 4 to 5 years. Speaking from person experience, with certain injuries, you play it safe and take time to let the injuries heal.

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

i think you're being really pessimistic. Your negative attitude is really sad. I made one long ass reply to your post, and you didn't even respond to it. It's clear to me that either A) you're trolling. or B) you just like to come up with some argument in your head.
    i want to say im done with this, but i can't say that because im not one to just back down. You can say whatever you want to say, some of the things you say are right, but most of them are wrong. i already pointed out the flaws in your logic, i don't feel like doing it again. if you actually want to be a man and reply to my earlier comment, then do so, but don't act like you're the smartest guy ever without even defending your stance.

19. 713

713 Member

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Inspired by sigmund troll

[​IMG]