1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Good is the Rockets Starting Line-up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Madmaxellis

Madmaxellis Member

Are we really going to start three white players? I mean that has to be the most out of any team.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

The Timberwolves I think have all white starters.

3. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

it doesn't seem like we'll be trading martin anytime soon:(

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Martin's contract alone will have huge value at the eadline for teams looking to clear cap space. Not only that, he can help a team who is one scorer from being a contender get there. He'll have value.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

#13 lottery pick good

6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This starting line up will be lucky to win 25 games.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

They will win more games than last year, winning percentage may be lower. :)

8. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I like the lineup. But I believe PatPat will start rather than Donuts. KMart will definitely start...until he gets traded. Donuts will eventually be shifted to C where he and Asik can share the load. Royce will probably be at SF (or PF if going small) and Lamb and SG.

As for the wins? I'm confident that we can go as high as 55+. If lower, I won't be disappointed that much as we have a lot of young guns. This team will be exciting to watch.

9. rocketseagles07

So patterson sucks now? He played well his rookie year, he defends and he's active. He was hurt last year. I'm not saying d-mo doesn't have more upside and I hope he eventually takes over the starting spot but patterson doesn't suck....

10. gah

gah Member

Way to go out on a limb, did Jopa hack your account? Overrating the incoming players while seriously underrating the ones's who made us a borderline playoffs team. Potential doesn't win in this league, I'll be pleasantly surprised if this core can win more than 35 games.

11. jjsto

jjsto Member

This lineup would totally dominate the D-league.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This line-up sorta reminds me of the one we had in 2010-2011. The one with Brooks running the point. This time it has more defense and a real center.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not very good. Outside Martin who might not even be around, we don't have much experience. People are pinning too much hope on guys who haven't played any NBA games yet, or have only played as backups so far in their careers.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Parsons, Martin and even Lin, in some degree, are considered bonafide starters.

15. gah

gah Member

Yeah, I think you mean 2009-2010 when Brooks was the MIP. That team held less promise than this one, but the difference was that they were all at least proven if not outright veterans, that team was coming off a deep playoffs run. This year everybody is questionable, even our coach. We'll just have to wait and see.

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Im really hoping to see Pat turn it around this season. He has to be a force down low with rebounding and some sort of back to the basket game. Id hate to see him taking 15 feet jays all game and coming up with 3-4 rebounds.

Come on Pat - you can do it son. D-Mo and Royce cant wait to take your minutes.

17. soupman

soupman Member

It's a 30-win club next season, barring significant change. I'm not upset about that because, given current talent levels and experience, that is performing to capability by these guys in the Western Conference of the NBA. For those who are expecting 40 or more wins and playoffs, or even a playoff chase, I ask you this: What evidence do you have beyond the hyperbole of "hope" and "potential" that such an outcome is likely? I read these boards regularly, and I would hate for all the "positive thinkers" out there to start dogging these guys when they perform next season in a manner that is reasonable to expect.

Good teams require time to learn how to win together. The 82-game NBA season cannot be compared to Summer League play or college basketball. The game is faster, fouls are more judgmental, the opposing talent is other-worldly. I do believe these guys will be good and better days are before us. But not yet and not for a while.

18. rocketseagles07

quoted for emphasis. Anyone who is expecting this team to win 40+ is dreaming. This roster is not ready to win right now and I'm perfectly fine with that. People are bias and naive when it comes their fav team and I understand that but I really don't see how anyone can think that when you can make an argument that almost every roster in the west is better than ours. It will take time and theres nothing wrong with that, the team will play poorly at times and struggle but I expect them to develop well

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This probably should be its own thread but Pat's issues are that he just vanishes on the floor at times, he does not go aggresively for rebounds, he settles for jump shots instead of trying to score in the post. Those issues go back to even his rookie season. I was fairly high on Pat at this time last year because I though I had seen enough to give me hope that he could turn into something but he just does not have the aggresiveness needed to be a difference maker.

Maybe this leopard will change his spots but I doubt it. DMo already plays aggresively, attacks the rim, runs the floor much better than Pat and exhibits superior post moves and is a true 7 footer with tons of athletisism while Pat is only 6'9" tall.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yeah, I tend to agree with everything you posted here. If by some stroke of magic this team wins 40 games then I think we should all be "dancing in the streets" (to borrow an old quote from Doc Rocket) becuase it will be such a huge indicator of talented this inexperianced team is. I would think 30 wins should make everyone really happy as even that could be considered ahead of schedule for a team that only averages 22 years old.