1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Good is the Rockets Starting Line-up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 26, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

So #14 again? :(

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

We do? Is Daryl Morey bringing back Rick Adelman as well?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Couple that with Toronto's pick which will probably be 8-12.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe not. Very comparable though but we will see.

Lowry - Lin
    DeRozan - KMart
    Fields - Parsons
    Bargnani - Motiejunas
    Valanciunas - Asik

PG - Edge Raptors - I'm not sure who has the edge in point guards but I give it to the Raptors until I see more of Lin.
    SG - Edge Rockets - I think the Rockets have a clear advantage here.
    SF - Edge Rockets - Landry Fields is a quality small forward that can score and play a little defense. Chandler Parsons is an elite defender that can play a little offense.
    PF - Edge Raptors - Bargnani is as good on offense as most of us hope DMo becomes. I think DMo will be a better rebounder and defender than Bargnani almost from day 1 but I'm not ready to he will be as good scoring the ball, but I think he will at some point.
    C - Edge - Rockets - The Raptors drafted Valanciunas based on rebonding and defense with the hope that he develops offense. The Rockets just signed Asik who already does that at an elite level.

I think the Rockets offense would depend as much on how ready Motiejunas is today and if Parsons has taken the next step. The Raptors are depending on DeRozan and Fields to take the next step for their offense to be any good.

Toronto will likely be better on defense in the back court just because of Lowry if nothing else. Where I really see the Rockets seperating themselves from the Raptors is Asik and Parsons on defense. Both of those guys are elite level defenders and will be able to correct some mistakes.

Edge - Rockets. IMO.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Does he have to? KMart has averaged 20 ppg a season five of the last six seasons with or with out Adelman.

6. jdjd

jdjd Member

Good thread, thanks for the breakdown. I agree that this lineup will win about 40-45 games. We'll end up with the 14th pick (that we'll give to Brooklyn), and keep our Toronto pick, which won't be bad. I also believe PPat and Martin will start the season, but Lamb and Donatas will end it.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. Edge to Parsons. Landry has little defense and little offense unless he takes the next step.

Between Lowry and Lin I would say it is a toss up between the two.

But yeah you are wrong about Landry. Edge to Parsons hands down. If both improve there respective weaknesses it will be a toss up between the two but with Parsons having the slight edge. Everything else I agree with though.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You forgot to throw in that rebuilt bench.;)

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You guy's can't be serious, 40 wins ? I don't see it

Even if the lineup in the op lived up to those same #'s, you would still need anywhere from 20 to 40 point's a night from a bench full of rookies.

I just don't see it happening on any kind of consistent basis.I still think Martin is moved at some point but still I only see this team winning somewhere 20-30. I do think they'll be competitive but loose a lot of close ones.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Too bad the one year he didn't was last year, where he missed the mark by a lot. He was also gruntled in those other years, which is not the case today.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

pat is starting , dmo is coming off bench

12. cml750

cml750 Member

This!!!

40 wins????? Give me a break!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Dude let's be serious, Patterson Sucks and he will not start. I highly doubt we wil finish last either.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Other teams have rookies on their bench as well. We will have one of, if not, the highest scoring benches in the league.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Your not serious. Denver and Miami had the highest scoring benche in the league. Spurs as well.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The key word is had.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think they will win 30 games or so. Lin and asik haven't been conditioned to play a lot of minutes or games. Go look at lins production when he plas 30 + minutes. Patterson is a bench player and everyone else is rookies. I think they will lose a lot of games late like the francis led teams. When your pg tos the ball a lot,that usually happens.

18. jvu

jvu Member

Good enough to win 10 games.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

14th seed at worst, I think.

11th seed at best.

Of course, everything changes if we get Howard.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Your right we will loose a lot of games. I doubt it will be because of conditioning though. That is what the offseason is for right to train your muscles to withstand a full 82 game season. In the press conference Lin said that was what he was working on. And Asik also addressed his conditioning as well from the little I could understand from his press conference (it was a struggle to understand him). Its not a good look to come into camp out of shape. Asik and Lin were never prepared to be starters (a lot of people forget that) so obviously there conditioning will be sub par. As Lin played more games as a starter his conditioning improved significantly. Asik's biggest issue is that he hustles and works way to hard (not really a bad thing because he was a backup) but now that he is a starter he will have to learn how to switch gears and also improve his over all conditioning to prepare himself for starter minutes. According to Rose Omer was the hardest worker on the Bulls and that says something considering everyone knows how hard of a worker Rose is. In regards to the TO's, that will definitely be a big factor for the entire squad next year because all young guys tend to turn the ball over. Check OKC for example. Nash Kidd Rondo all turned the ball over more than Lin and they still managed to get things done. Not the same thing but you get my drift. Not saying that his turnovers are excusable (because they are not) but when the ball is in your hands so much you will turn the ball over.