1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Good has Dwight Howard Been as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Mar 5, 2014.

?

How big of an impact has Dwight been?

1. Below Par (I expect/expected more)

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  2. Average (Just as i anticipated on how he'd perform)

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Good (Better than Last season but hoping he performs better)

13 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Very Good (Definitely more dominant than i expected but not as good as Orlando Dwight yet)

159 vote(s)
    74.3%
  5. Awesome (Arguably a top 3 player in the league again)

36 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Curious to know what the Rockets fans honestly feel/think on how Dwight has fared so far as a member of the Houston franchise overall.

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Simple answer.. Very.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Very good, & keeps getting better as he gels in with the team.

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

He's been everything we could have asked for as a teammate and leader.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I would have said awesome had it not been for the top 3 stipulation. I think he has exceeded expectations both on and off the court.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Everything I'd hoped for and more. His post game has improved considerably since the start of the season. He's making free throws more consistently(especially in crunch time). He's scoring within the flow of the offense, so the game isn't slowing down at all. And his defense has been solid.

Plus you can tell dude is having fun. The chemistry on this team is great right now.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He has met my expectations, but mine were pretty high. I always thought the last 2 seasons were more about situation, then about deterioration.

I expected him to be close to Orlando when put back in a good situation, and after a slow start, he has been spectacular.

LeBron,Durant, Paul are an inarguable top 3 IMO, but since New Years, I could make a strong case for Dwight being #4.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Top 3 player in the league.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Slow start but has lately been a true AllStar that's only getting better with his teammates.

I can't say I was expecting him to gel this easy into a leader.

Also, I am pleasantly surprised how smart he is.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I lost respect for everything Kareem Abdul Jabbar stood for when he made those comments about Dwight. Kareem is a closet gay with may frustrations.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Here's an interesting tweet by Nate Jones the other day.. By the way, he is not a Rockets fan.

"@JonesOnTheNBA: Besides LeBron and KD, who is better than Dwight? Maybe CP3. And I'd still lean toward having the big"

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

A darkhorse for MVP and a consummate professional.

13. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

This might be true right now but over the course of the entire season he has been closer to bottom half of top 10.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Dwight's impact on both ends of the floor is irreplaceable. Can't think of a more dominant player in the league now who's a gamechanger on both defense and offense. It's not all about the stats with Dwight, it's more of the intangibles he brings to a team.

For example, he's only averaging 1.8 blocks per game but the intimidation factor and all the countless altered shots he creates on D is just absolutely priceless.

Opposing teams/players either stay away from the paint or chuck up rushed layups and floaters.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's been excellent. Not peak Dwight, who was a 23 and 14 type player and one of the top 3 players in the NBA, but he has been almost exactly at his career averages.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Lebron, Durant, then who? You could argue Love but I'd pick Howard. Would you trade Howard for Love or anyone else? I'd answer no and I think Morey would too. I think the reason his numbers may be down from the peak is because the ball isn't flowing through him as before. He's playing more of a team game. But he's there when called upon.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I very much enjoy having him as the face of the Rockets on and off the court. I couldn't be happier that "it happened".

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I selected "very good" but I definitely wasn't-not expecting this... he's playing up to my expectations right now. And this Howard is more comfortable passing out of double teams than Orlando Howard. He's just not quite as explosive or forceful.

19. makio9

makio9 Member

Dwight's been fantastic. A comparison between who fans like more between him and Yao would be interesting. He definitely doesn't move as freely as he used to still though and I'm also consciously thinking about his posture and cringing when he moves his back too much dunking etc

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Awesome, easily he vest C in the game by a fair margin.