1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Does Amen Thompson compare to Cade as a prospect?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by larsv8, Jan 7, 2023.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Didn't watch much of Cade in college, can anyone speak to this?

peleincubus likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

@Nook - Any insights? Seems like you watch a lot.

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I think they are very different

Cade is a tall playmaker (PG?/SG) that (was supposed to be) a good/very good shooter

The twins are SG/Wings that are very athletic and aren't great shooters

comrade likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I pretty much agree with this.

I think Amen is more akin to a Jalen Green with maybe slightly less athleticism and more handle/passing skills. A lot of his hype comes from playing in a league where most of the players are probably a year or two younger than he is. So he's basicaly a college freshman/soph playing against juniors and seniors in high school from what I've seen. I've seen the hype of an Andrew Wiggins, Shaedon Sharpe, etc., and this is kind of getting there - I don't know. About the only thing stopping the hype from going completely off the rails is he's got 2 other really hyped dudes he won't be passing up (barring injury) ahead of him in the draft.

What's interesting is I don't think his brother, Ausar, is that much less-talented than he is. Ausar may not be the passer he is, but people talk about Amen like he's "god mode" and hardly anybody mentions Ausar when the gap may not be all that much. But like I said, all I've seen of them is mostly from the OE league, so hell if I know. It's a good league with good talent, but I don't know how to compare it to college or G-League skill.

Cade was being mentioned as Luka-lite playing against college competition. He's been hyped since high school. The only knock I have about him is he got shorter once he got to the NBA... about 2 inches. lol. Pre-injury with the Pistons, he was becoming pretty much everything people thought he was in college except he needs to work on that shot.

sydmill likes this.