1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How come?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BrieflySpeaking, Dec 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

How come people can't be more reasonable and rational? Why does it have to be so hard and frustrating to get someone to use common sense and logic? I don't get it. I feel bad for Obama, I really do. No wonder he has aged so drastically. Sometimes I just don't feel it's really worth to engage the opposition anymore, but at the same time want to open their eyes and get them on my side.

I'm going to lose all of my hair here pretty soon. I'm almost there, anyway. Screw it.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What makes you think your side is the right side?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because they are not crazy?

4. TheresTheDagger

Uh....because everyone thinks this? I mean what person thinks the side they support is the "wrong" side?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Last week I made the mistake of listening to talk radio. Matt Patrick, of the douche Patrick clan, was railing on and on about Obama's Charlie Brown Christmas show introduction. A lot of conservatives have just lost their damn minds. It's crazy.

6. yo

yo Contributing Member

I seriously think the NRA has incriminating photos of a whole lot of conservatives. There's just no other explanation.

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Saw it coming the day he got elected.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well... The answer to which side is 'right' is made incredibly easy by the fact that the 'other side's' base believes that Donald Trump is the most viable candidate to hold the most powerful office on the planet.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

We live in a country where about half of the population doesn't believe in evolution (a slightly lower % believing that it shouldn't be taught in school) or the science behind global climate change (despite the fact that those opposed to climate change are backed by the same companies that helped push the agenda that cigarettes weren't bad for you). Idiocracy is getting closer and closer my friends.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Because people will say anything for money: lawyers, lobbyist, PR men, commercial copywriters, clickbaiters, tabloid pushers, are all snake oil salesmen

Free swinging Caribbean baseball players say you don't walk off the island, public advocates don't draw eyeballs and money with reasoned compromise. You need to be eeeexxxtttrrreeeemmmee!

And extremely stupid works.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How about we shut down the republican party for being to radicalized.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

you probably never paid attention to politics before Obama

13. bigtexxx

because:

1) he watches MSNBC all day
    2) he reads Huffpo/DailyKos while taking his morning dump
    3) because Obama

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

because:

1) you watch Fox News all day
    2) you read The Blaze/Drudge Report while taking your morning dump
    3) because Obama

Oh this game is fun

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how come everyone thinks they have a monopoly on common sense and reason?

Obama is so exasperated and disappointed in all of us. We have let him down.

best is when Obama says: "how could anyone oppose me having the power to take away a citizen's constitutional rights by putting them on a list? Anyone who disagrees must be insane, lacking common sense and logic. Due process? lol, don't give me that, I was a constitutional law professor"

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Of course as we all know now, he was not a constitutional law professor.

The sycophantic media could not even be bothered to vet the top level job titles on Obama's resume with any due diligence.

17. bigtexxx

All kidding aside, what you wrote is true. I'm convinced that among the various news sources, anybody can find whatever spin they want to read to "further their own narrative". e.g., Obama gives a speech that didn't propose anything new and lectured us that the government needs to take away our guns -- no problem, HuffPo is already pumping out the message that this is common sense and the right thing to do.

18. bigtexxx

This. Obama tries to play to the lowest common denominator -- the democratic voter who doesn't bother checking facts.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because the other side relative to me is willing to place Donald Trump as their nominee for leader of the free world. It really is that simple.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Reality?