1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston with Dwight vs Houston without Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Feb 7, 2015.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

What stats would those be?

Here's one for you. When Dwight has been on the court, the Rockets net rating is +6.9, better than everyone except Jones and Prigioni.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

When we can't rebound in the playoffs, we will miss Dwight. When Harden goes cold, we will miss Dwight. You can't lose someone of this talent and be better off in a half court game.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

What's the point of this analysis? You are comparing a period where Dwight played 75% of the games, and most of our bench wasn't playing or on the team, to the current team. This tells us nothing about how the Rockets will do when Dwight comes back.

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Howard coming off the bench would be brilliant but his ego won't allow it

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm ready to see Dwight, but going into the post with him is a No-no.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Dwight should become the DeAndre Jordon of the team. That type of game would be of great benefit to the the team but Dwight will not allow that to happen, he really thinks he has a post game.

7. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Any word on Dwight's return yet?

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us and probably even the Rockets front office agree with you.

But the "players' coach" is going to let it go.

9. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Why would bringing the second best player on the team off the bench be a positive...Starting two PF's should only be done out of necessity, you need Howard to grab boards and protect the rim so guys like Deandre Jordan don't grab 20 rebounds whilst throwing down 5 oops per game

I don't understand why you feel that TJones and Dmo is an ideal lineup as opposed to Dwight with either of the two

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

What the team needs is playoff mode Dwight. You can't even really compare these numbers with and without Dwight since he's been playing with pain either way.

When he comes back, he needs to be 100%.

11. baubo

baubo Member

Others have already pointed out a lot of the flaws with the OP's reasoning. Clearly we're not actually "better" without Dwight, at least a relatively healthy Dwight.

Personally though, I don't see the need for the top-10 player Dwight. I just want a Roy Hibbert (with rebounds) Dwight. He should be a dominating defensive presence and preferably be just "good" on offense. If he can do that, I like our chances.