1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs Tulsa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Sep 30, 2021.

1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Turned out to be the first UH football game I have thoroughly enjoyed watching since I can't remember when. Our defense totally shut down their running game. Our DL put pressure on Tulsa's qb all night long forcing 3 interceptions and a couple more that should have been. We established a running game while Tune looked good at times completing passes to nine different receivers. We dominated Tulsa from start to finish. For a change we played great football in both the first and second half.

Hard to believe this was the same Tulsa team that played both Ohio State and Oklahoma State competitively. Are we really this good or did we just catch Tulsa on an off night? We did have a few glitches. A holding call that cost us a kickoff return for TD on the first play of the game, too many false starts, and on several occasions Tune threw into double and triple coverage one of which resulted in an interception that I thought at the time was going to let Tulsa back in the game.

Looking forward to next Thursday night's game against Tulane.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I still don’t know what to make of these guys. They beat Tulsa’s ass, the defense looks legit, they have a stud running back, the special teams are great, and for the first time in a while they looked fully prepared. I’m honestly shocked. Tulsa didn’t look like they even belonged on the same field.

#22 Hank McDowell, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

What was most surprising is how well Tune played.

Even though he had like 3 or 4 drops that legit hit receivers in the hands for 15+ yards, his stat line was still efficient and impressive.

I'm as gob smacked as anyone. I thought Tulsa was going to be a tough out, if not outright beat us, but last night's Houston Cougar team could legit win the conference.