1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

"Jalen is playing like ****. I was hoping to see more progress from him by now. I really hope he turns it around because this team is counting on him to make the next step in development." - This would have been valid criticism.

"Jalen is ****. Absolute bust. If Stone had any balls, he would have traded him. He's single-handedly losing games for us and ruining the rebuild. His fingernails and hair bother me for some reason. I hope he stops playing well soon so I can go back to hating." - This is what really happens here, and none of you want to grow up and accept that being a doomer is childish.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Though I was more of the camp above by december and before that I was a jalen supporter, aside from his fingernails the second one was valid too. He was playing awful and I don't blame anyone for wanting to trade him. Those people apparently think like our GM because he in fact tried to trade Jalen at the deadline which btw totally would had to have been signed off by Ime. Ime is defensive minded and they went after Mikal Bridges. I think people are underestimating just how bad Jalen was on both ends in hindsight. So if the GM and Coach felt the same way they did its hard for anyone to sit here and say those people didn't have valid opinions other than the stupid idiots crying about his fingernails they had the same opinion as Rockets leadership.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

can't believe there's no thread with the newest jalen green chapter

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  4. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

I’m all for giving Jalen credit and calling out the naysayers but let’s not act like we’ve never seen Jalen do this before. He started his first 2 seasons out slow and finished those seasons out strong, basically same as he is now. Question is can he keep this up heading into next season and when Sengün and the rest of the guys return

Sonicbun8, fattz and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is literally a new chapter thread labeled "Jalen Green going super Nova"

Sonicbun8, wlekfjv923n and roslolian like this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

We've seen Jalen be the best player in the NBA over a week of games? Why the **** do y'all keep calling him a bust then?

eliefor3 and roslolian like this.
  7. Ancient Moabite

When did this fluke/bust ever get close to WC-POW (and possible POM) post ASB first two seasons?

He started his career not meeting your personal high level playing standards that you showcase for you team

If you think this is the same version or stakes (play-in vs. tanking) then you are watching a beyond the ice wall version of the team

Zen Tabak likes this.
  8. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Who’s ya’ll and when did I call him a bust?

9. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

When did I call Jalen a bust?

Dude you’re taking my post completely out of context. Is this current version of Jalen better than any other version of him of course but the point is he started slow and finished strong just like his first 2 seasons. We have people suggesting that Sengün was the reasons for his struggles (which I think is ridiculous) so I said let’s see if he can keep it up heading into next season when Sengün and the rest which is Eason, Whitmore, and Adams return

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

One thing that I noticed after the last game against the Jazz Ime said that Jalen's on a hot streak specifically, this was kind of disappointing to hear. I was hoping he would have said more about how they are doing something different with him so that he would imply it was more a lasting change vs just a normal Jalen Green hot streak. This game it looks like Jalen has kind of gone back to his old self.

11. Ancient Moabite

Nah, not meaning for you as saying that

That is my joking way from others who have said that about him, so I may reply that way, rather you are pro/anti Green club

Green is the reason why he has bad or good or phenom games, the competition also play a part to a degree

I think they all should be kept until their rookie deals are up then see who is worth what and what trade etc needs to be orchestrated

And if a legit superstar comes avail, you would probably have the best ammo out of the teams that would be involved

12. Ancient Moabite

Making and missing (more so this game) shots, not finishing at rim and not getting any respect from refs at all

It will always be a Miss&Make league, rather it be a layup or FT etc

Maybe he can make amends come next half, if not short memory next game

The tale of two halves is what the ballers call it

TBD

kpdark, fchowd0311 and BallSoHarden like this.
  13. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

lol ok got you, me personally I don’t start giving a player the bust label at least until year 5 or 6, because some players are late bloomers

And I agree 100% I would like to keep most of this young core but the business side of things will likely force us to make some tough decisions. As you said though, I do feel we are in a great position to pull of a trade for a star I just hope Stone doesn’t botch anything up

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Update: he stepped up and not just in shot making but creating gravity and looks and also playing excellent defense. Probably the best defender on the court tonight.

So promising that he can play high level defense even when he's not shooting well.

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Honestly just happy for him as a player. He got so much hate on here. Every shot he missed got like 10 comments, and about 20 comments for turnovers. The Rockets live game thread was just filled with green hate. So I'm just happy he is doing well

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jalen is embarrassing ALL of you

CCM721 likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This could be a franchise altering non move. I was so annoyed w the way Jalen was playing, I would have blamed Stone for drafting him and then blamed him again for trading away a potential star player. I would have been open to a trade, but not for Bridges. I was holding out for Ja, Trey, etc. I much prefer he just works out and we have our own home grown star.

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The amount of attention OKC was throwing at him in OT tells you the league has realized what this forum is still struggling to.

Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

"I have grown to love Jalen Green"

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

No. it wasn’t the same. The other two years he was not playing, nearly as complete