1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets to honor Rockets legend Tracy McGrady on Wednesday, 4/5 against the Nuggets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It is also skewed that it only includes 1st round opponents. He did great in those first rounds ... but come on....that's the stat padding round compared to what all the others had to do, and how long they played.

but, he is a great playoff performer. loved cheering for him ... but the other HOFers had better 1st round stats up to age 30, I'm pretty, very sure. :)

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The legendary Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady.

Dopamine and swyyyguy like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Rockets "legend"?

We are really setting the bar low now.

Other than a meaningless 35 second outburst, there really aren't many positive memories of T-Mac.

Zboy likes this.
  4. val_modus

val_modus Member

Playing through a shredded knee during the 22 game win streak, carrying us into the playoffs without Yao. Going up 2-0 to the Mavs without your starting PF, only to be robbed by Tim Donaughy and the fix? ITS ON ME?

Dopamine and Rox11 like this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

At the time that thread was created, Harden was playing horribly in the playoffs. Many posters here on ClutchFans agreed with me too. You have to admit it's bad when you're getting outplayed by Austin Rivers. Good thing we had Josh Smith to save us!

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You must be a pretty new Rockets fan or you must have not watched the video in my original post. Do you not remember the 22-game win streak? We will be releasing a documentary of it soon! :)

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty much it. "Heart and grit", that's rich. Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier carried the heart and grit torch for our team because Tracy didn't have any. Hell, that Ron Artest/Shane Battier team was better, because while far less talented, Ron brought the pain every single night. Unreal to see Stacy get in before Rudy T.

At least Rudy will always have his jersey in the rafters. Any true Rocket fan should be disgusted that Tracy is in and Rudy T is not.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You are a greasy mavs fan

9. Mr. Motiejunas

I really liked Tmac as a player. Dude always balled out for us in the playoffs but I put as much blame if not more on Yao for the early playoff exits. Tmac was an idiot for saying its on me though.

Rox11 and DudeWah like this.
  10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Yup, many fake Rockets fans blame T-Mac but do not give Yao any blame at all. Carlos Boozer absolutely decimated Yao's soul. :(

Also, check the stats for the Rockets record when we played with T-Mac and no Yao versus when we played with Yao and no T-Mac.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

T-Mac put up 25/6/7 and 27/8/7 in the playoffs with a broken back and a bum knee. That's true heart and grit.

javal_lon, Dopamine and StraightG like this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No it isn't...

Zboy likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I remember a Mcgrady-less, Yao led Rocket team getting out of the first round. (When Tracy picked against us)

Zboy likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Tracy had the talent to be the greatest player of all time, no one is denying that. Talent only gets you so far.

JVG is on record concerning McGrady's practice habits and dedication to the game.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What was wrong with his knee?

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

T-Mac picked the Lakers and he was right. T-Mac was just being real.

The Warriors are better than the Rockets this year. Is it wrong for me as a Rockets fan to say that? I'm just being real just like T-Mac being a first ballot hall of fame inductee and Rockets legend is real. Very real. :eek:

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, you still pretending this wasn't a troll thread all along.

Maybe you should post 10 more times in this thread, and further take the joy out of fans honoring TMac tomorrow, by calling ppl fake fans and throwing Yao under the bus.

Wuss Mavs fan is a wuss

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn I can't find crap, is Harden that good or was Mac that mediocre? Can someone give me the rundown on why exactly he's a hof-er? And how he got in before Rudy who is a two time champ when Mac never got past the first round?

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure the numbers are clear on this one

[​IMG]

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tmac disappoints...again.

Nice chumpliment.