1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Comets officially sold

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BmwM3, Feb 1, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I do think the WNBA expanded too much, too soon. The fact is that the talent pool isn't huge. When Chicago can go 5-29, there's definitely a talent disparity. Contraction never looks good, but they should consider it.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And that's the NBA's perogative. I doubt they'd continue pumping cash into something they didn't see as worthwhile in some respects. I've just never understood why people feel the need to constantly bash the WNBA and women's sports in general. People act like the government is forcing them to watch it or that it's dominating the media coverage.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If the NBA would stop trying to slam it down our throats for example during NBA All-Star Weekend, I wouldn't have to bash it.

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go stalk someone else. Sure, I do. And If I didn't, what's it to you.

What ever rating it would get, it's several points above yours.

5. msn

msn Member

I have nothing against women's sports. I don't go out of my way to bash the WNBA, but when the topic comes up I'm honest about my feelings--I flat don't like it. It's mediocre at best and sucks hard at worst.

I was excited about it when it first came together, and gave it a few years, even followed the Comets for a while. But to me, it's contrived, boring, and sub-par.

6. msn

msn Member

Dude, I believe A_B is a comedian. :D

Not trying to stoke the fire, just the irony was too funny not to mention.

(hope I'm not wrong about that; I thought someone here said so)

7. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I heard he was a comedian. I am just waiting for him to say something funny. All I see, is a guy who gets his panties in a wad when you say something he doesn't like about a black person. He's just moping because I pissed on Murphy for being a sex addict.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I guess I just don't notice.

9. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I tried to watch the WNBA too. I kept hearing how much more fundamental they played than the men did. All I say was a bunch of women clanking weird looking jump shots and missing open layups.

Les wanted out because that league is dying. I don't know why Hilton Koch wanted in.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Even this is ridiculous. So they put together teams of NBA players, NBA retirees, and WNBA players for an exhibition. If you don't like it, don't watch. Don't bash. I thought the celebrity game was ridiculous, so I didn't watch it. I did enjoy the Shooting Stars competition.

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It's hard not to notice the poor shooting during the shooting contest. And who can forget the "I am extraordinary" commercials during NBA games?

But it's not all bad though. There are funny moments shown on Sports Center.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLsF6itZKVg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLsF6itZKVg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Wow, left speechless after that crazy crossover that spread the D like it was the Red Sea.

There was a news special about a Houston girl's high school basketball team that won their first two games by an average of 80 points I believe. They have a sophomore girl in there that could dunk.She was throwing it off the glass and dunking. Maybe she'll be the savior to the WNBA.

13. msn

msn Member

Craptacular.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Wow, and you're a comedian? What do you joke about, Jewish mother-in-laws? Rosie O'Donnell? Turtleneck sweaters?

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Those are SERIOUSLY two awesome vids.

i'm with madmax...that's exactly how i picture ima_drummer too. ;)

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good for him to step up...I'm not sure how profitable the team is, but great for the city...

17. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

THAT'S A FACT, JACK!!!!

[​IMG]

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Now I can officially ignore the Comets.

19. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

nascar has to be the biggest waste of stuff ever. not only fuel, but time, and money and just stuff. plain ol waste of stuff.

20. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

What a bad investment for anybody to take on. I think the WNBA will fold in a few yrs.