1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] Death by Enema

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B-ball freak, Feb 10, 2005.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3032898

She says her husband gave himself the lethal dose of sherry
    By RICHARD STEWART
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

RESOURCES
    COURT DATE
    • This summer: The case is set to go to trial in July in Angleton.
    GALVESTON - A Lake Jackson widow denied Wednesday that she provided the alcohol that led to her husband's death from a sherry enema.

Tammy Jean Warner said her husband, Michael Warner, 58, not only had a longtime alcohol problem but had been addicted to enemas since he was a child.

Courtesy of Warner Family
    Tammy Warner says her husband used this equipment for enemas. An autopsy report said his blood-alcohol level was 0.47 percent, almost six times the legal intoxication limit for operating a motor vehicle.
    He gave himself the enema that led to his death May 21, she said.

"There's no way I could have gave my husband that enema, no way," Warner said during an interview at her attorney's office.

A Brazoria County grand jury indicted her on a charge of negligent homicide. Prosecutors claim she provided alcohol for Warner even though she knew he'd been warned that alcohol could kill him.

She is free on $30,000 bond.

An autopsy report said his blood-alcohol level was 0.47 percent, almost six times the legal intoxication limit for operating a motor vehicle.

"It all started back when he was a child," Warner said. "His mother used to give him enemas all the time, and he started to depend on them all the time."

She said he paid $1,000 to study colonics at a school and corresponded with other enema users on the Internet. Not all of his enemas involved liquor, she said.

"He did coffee enemas, he did Castile soap, Ivory soap," she said. "He had enema recipes."

She said he liked to use wine or sherry in enemas because that would allow his body to absorb alcohol faster than drinking it. Sherry and wine were easier on his digestive system than other forms of alcohol, she said.

"He would drink, too, but his favorite was enemas," she said.

Investigators said medical problems kept him from ingesting alcohol by drinking it, but his widow said he would drink as well.

"My husband could drink very well with any problem he had," she said.

He wouldn't drink every day, but when he did drink, he found it difficult to stop, she said.

"We had a lot of good days that we shared in our garden and our yard," she said. "When he went to drinking, a lot of times I would, too. I would take care of him the best I could. I'd make sure he'd eat."

The couple met about three years ago at a bar where she worked as a bartender and waitress, Warner said. They lived together for about a year before marrying in October 2002.

She said while they lived together she had a large tumor removed from her abdomen.

"Every day I was in the hospital, he asked me to marry him," she said.

She said he cooked most of the meals and weighed her food to make sure she followed a strict diet because she is diabetic.

"My husband told me he loved me more than anything in the world except for God," she said. "I'm not ashamed of my husband because I loved him, and I supported him 1,000 percent, whatever he wanted to do. That's the way he went out, and I'm sure that's the way he wanted to go out because he loved his enemas."

Warner said that when she woke up the morning of May 21, she had no idea her husband, who had his arm around her in bed, was dead.

He had a long history of being very difficult to rouse from sleep, she said. After repeated tries didn't wake him up, she called 911.

Emergency technicians told her that he was dead.

Warner said she believes her husband's adult children are the cause of the charges against her. She is also charged with destroying his will.

"There was no will," she said. She said they talked often of having wills made but never did.

"If he had died through consuming too much alcohol through a wine glass, we wouldn't be here," said Warner's attorney, Jyll Rekoff.

Warner said she did get money from her husband's life-insurance policy but refused to say how much.

Her husband's daughter, Serena Riemann, the executor of his estate, said in court documents that her stepmother got almost $250,000 in insurance.

The estate is valued at more than $317,000, according to court documents.

Riemann declined to talk to the Houston Chronicle.

Rekoff said Warner will plead not guilty. The case is scheduled to go to trial in July in Angleton.

If convicted, Warner faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine on each of the two charges.

richard.stewart@chron.com

Sad and weird. How many of you people frequent these "enema" chat rooms?

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Leaving Lake Jackson....through the back door

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Man, addicted to enemas, I might have heard it all now. That's some freudian stuff.

4. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

She really stuck it up his a$$ that time

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

you can't get 1/2 these guys to admit that they go for an occasional rub & a tug....you think they are gonna cop to this?

6. Isabel

Isabel Member

Reminds me, back in the early days of the Internet, when I went into some freaky newsgroup just to see what was in it... and found out. That's when I learned people got off to enemas. :eek: It just seems to be a really strange thing to depend on.

But some people do. And, yes, they traded ideas and recipes. Sometimes it got even sicker than that. I will not share that part with you. I haven't been back to that area of the Internet since, so I don't "frequent" it. :)

7. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Believe it or not, most guys don't do this, and they certainly don't have to pay for it.

I think it's pretty safe to award you the skeeziest dude on he board award.

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Nothing like a cup of folgers up your ass to start the day.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i wanna be your back-door man....

10. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Hasn't this been posted before?

Or was that a DIFFERENT sherry aenema story?

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Great, now I can't get that Journey song out of my head. (Oh, Sherry...)

12. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Yeah it was. I'm too lazy to look it up though.

13. Isabel

Isabel Member

Same story, but not as many details. So it can still have a new thread.

The Journey song was also mentioned. :)

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

"death by enema" would be a totally bad-ass band name!

15. Houstonrocketss

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

:eek:

A site called "enema tips". Here's something from that site:

A number of different types of people use enemas. Mainly, it seems that enema users can be classified into two different groups.

Those that use enemas as a sexual stimulant (usually called Klezmomaniacs or Klezmos)

Those that use enemas for health reasons (such as colonic therapy).

Enemas can be administered alone or with a partner. If you are using an enema for health benefits, you might consider using it alone. If you are interested in the more sensual aspects of enemas a partner might be right for you.

It might be appropriate to mention that some enema users are interested in completely different sensations than others. Enema users interested in health might be more interested in relaxing while enjoying the colonic cleansing. Klezmos or people interested in enema sex might be interested in inducing cramping as a form of domination or punishment. These groups will need to take a different approach to give or receiving an enema.

Either way, enemas are an interesting thing for a number of people. Internet interest into enemas is quite high. On the search engine Goto there were more searches for "enema" last month (6585 in fact) than condom (2237), vibrator (902), orgasm (1875), diet (5929), and sexual positions (2569). It did not score as well as sex toys (7320), sex (248,140) or masturbation (9436) but it was fairly close. This leads me to believe that there are alot more enema fans than you would believe.

The next time you are enjoying a colonic cleansing or are receiving an enema at the hands of your partner, you might find great comfort in knowing that there are many others like yourself.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I like their song, "Mea Culpa"...

18. Fatty FatBastard

Isabel:

Yet one other thing I never needed to know about... Ever...