1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Chronicle: Cal McNair MIA

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets94-95, Jan 19, 2020.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love that he denied the claim Sage Rosenfels made that David Carr had seen him playing video games while sitting on the floor of his office. He said he has a big screen in there where he watches game film. Come on, Cal. Tell us you have a big screen where there is a screen saver or SOMETHING believable. Ain't none of us believe you watch game film.

Rudyc281, Fulgore and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol exactly. Tommy Boy doesn’t know what game film is

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

I don’t care if he watches game film or plays Xbox. Just put football people in charge and not Jack Easterby or Bill O’Brien.

I do like that he is making an effort to reach out to the fans. At least it makes it seem like he cares, even if it is just a PR move.

#63 Jose Cuervo, Sep 8, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not exactly a Cal McNair defender, but I don't need him watching game film. He can play video games. I'm cool with that.

5. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What’s funny to me is not that he was playing video games. I think we would all prefer an owner who would rather play video games than meddle in football operations. What’s funny to me is that he is self conscious enough about it to lie, and for the lie he chooses to be that he was instead watching game film and his quarterback just got confused. As if he thinks we as fans all expect our football team’s owner to be digging into game film and working Xs and Os.

And I imagine he thinks that because he honestly has no idea what it is an owner is supposed to do day-to-day.

Rudyc281 and MadMax like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Did Cal take the picture before or after his staff answered those questions?

They started the process of inquiring to the NFL about how they can ask fans whether the Texans need a redesign. Did I read that **** right?

He may have hired the right GM, now just go back in your office and play Call of Duty while the grownups go to work.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Re-design of the uniforms....nothing else. Fan input, Fans are not going to re-design the uniforms. No color changes or logo (no Columbia Blue/Oil derrick), but suggestions on how to improve them.

red5rocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Establish the Color Rush jerseys as the official home jersey, reconfigure the shoulder stripes and collar as a more traditional whit-red-white combo, roll this out twice a year:

Hopkins_1482126451478_7382099_ver1.0.jpg

Also NEVER wear monochrome ANYTHING (red, white, or blue) ever again. That look is straight trash.

Fulgore likes this.