1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Investigation thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 6, 2019.

1. HTM

HTM Member

I'm going to continue to consume Russian disinformation and disseminate it for you fine folks. ;)

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's fine. Just don't expect me to believe it! I'll try once more. You should read the article I just posted in Os's thread. There is a genuine industry in Veles, North Macedonia, that's pumping out fake news to this country and several others, very likely financed by Vladimir Putin's intelligence agency in Russia, the FSB. That's the direct decendant of the KGB, where Putin served as an important officer for many years during the Cold War, when Russia ruled the Soviet Union. Ignore at your own risk.

You seem to think this is some sort of joke. If so, the joke is on you, and the "joke" is dangerous for all of us.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BaselineFade and Deckard like this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I have no doubt there are Russian actors in this world putting out fake news. I just don’t believe I’m consuming or disseminating it. I have extremely limited social media and the social media I use has essentially 0 political flavor and I don’t travel far into the interwebz looking at dumb sh**.

I like to consider myself a relatively sophisticated and discerning consumer of information and, like I said before, for you assert or imply otherwise is highly patronizing and insulting, as if you Deckard are so enlightened and I, lowly HTM, am falling for Russian fake news.

Pistol Pete and Deckard like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Don't have to be on social media to fall for it.... tons of blogs out there that serve the same purpose.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump supporters defending this obstruction should also keep in mind at some point a Democrat will president and republicans will miss the concept of checks and balances...

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer is recommending that Mueller be subpoenaed to testify before the House Judiciary Committee.

Hoyer urges subpoena for Mueller, as Dems ramp up calls for testimony

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Tuesday that lawmakers should issue a subpoena for Robert Mueller if he declines to voluntarily testify on Capitol Hill about the Russia probe, amid increasing calls from fellow Democrats to hear from the former special counsel.

Speaking to reporters, Hoyer, D-Md., said, “If he won’t testify, we ought to issue a subpoena.” Hoyer added, “He may want a subpoena for all I know.”​

The Republicans of course will have questions of their own, which by all appearances is what Bob Mueller wants to avoid.

Go ahead, Dems. Do it.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ahhaha

What questions would these be? More Paige and Strzok nonsense?

11. biff17

biff17 Member

I have to admit Hope is hot.

I think it moved.

ryan_98 likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

I believe its happening. Do you think 2016 was the very first time the Russians pulled **** like this? If not, how did our Republic somehow survive it?

Personally, I wish the Democrats (and Republicans for that matter) would talk as much about HOW we are going to secure future elections as they do Obstruction of Justice, but alas, that was never the point. They pay lip service to securing out elections. Nothing more. It's all a big joke.

BaselineFade and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do believe it was the first time they tried anything like this on a significant scale. I 100% agree with you on preventing this crap from continuing and securing our future elections.

14. NewRoxFan

I guess you are hoping Democrats will act since republicans, led by senate leader mcconnell, haven't, and won't.

The Senate Will Not Vote on Any Election Security Bills, GOP Senator Says
    https://www.motherjones.com/politic...any-election-security-bills-gop-senator-says/

There’s Bipartisan Support for Election Security. Mitch McConnell Won’t Let It Happen.
    https://slate.com/technology/2019/0...ssia-tried-to-interfere-in-our-elections.html

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

I'm sure with sources as unbiased as Slate and Mother Jones we are getting the full story here.:rolleyes:

16. NewRoxFan

How many more do you need?

Durbin: McConnell ignored election security because GOP benefited from Russians
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/07/dick-durbin-mitch-mcconnell-russian-interference-1309624

Republicans Don't Want to Know About Russian Ratf*cking and They Don't Care About Stopping It
    https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...e-republicans-mitch-mcconnell-reality-winner/

House passes election and ethics overhaul, but McConnell says it’s dead on arrival
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...erhaul-but-mcconnell-says-its-dead-on-arrival

Top Republican says Senate unlikely to vote on any election security bills
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ote-on-any-election-security-bills/ar-AABpNCv

In fact, you can go back in time:

U.S. election security steps hobbled by Congress-White House funding fight
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gress-white-house-funding-fight-idUSKCN1L72FN

Denis McDonough: McConnell 'watered down' Russia warning in 2016
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...nell-watered-down-russia-warning-2016-n853016

Rashmon, mdrowe00 and BaselineFade like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

turtle face's home state newspaper has offered this op/ed, https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/editorials/article120718538.html

Americans deserve to hear why McConnell did not trust them with the evidence that he and 11 other congressional leaders received in a confidential briefing in September 2016, during which

McConnell “made clear to the Obama administration that he would consider any effort
    by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics.”
    McConnell also questioned the veracity of the intelligence, according to the Washington Post, based on information from unidentified officials present at the September briefing.

On Monday, McConnell said he had the “highest confidence” in U.S. intelligence agencies.

But McConnell would not answer reporters’ questions about the Post’s account. He passed up the opportunity to deny that he torpedoed the Obama administration’s request for a bipartisan pre-election statement calling out the Russians.

Now McConnell and other Republicans are saying the integrity of our elections is too important for partisanship. But before the election McConnell appears to have put partisan concerns first.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

19. NewRoxFan

LOL... looks like joe wilson should have read this rule...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Nadler continues to get played by trump's doj. slow walking the investigation...