1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot take #1: I think Sacramento is going to make the NBA finals this year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 4, 2023.

1. what

what Member

Check my receipts.

robbie380 likes this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

3. TimDuncanDonaut

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

What's --bold-- (Crazy) NBA Prediction thread - it's a tradition (this one's gonna hurt)
    It occurs to me that I have not created a bold prediction thread. I initially thought hey, let me predict that the Lakers will miss the playoffs this year, but then I thought that's some low hanging fruit. So:

The rockets will not make the playoffs this year. And my second prediction: the lakers could be looking up at the rockets in the cellar as well.

Teams that could leapfrog: Dallas (dallas is underrated at this point and could move up), the grizzlies are always overlooked, the clippers have a lot of defensive talent, beverley, montrezl Harrell, avery Bradley, Luc Mbah a Moute. They still have gallo, they could certainly get in.​

The utah jazz will have a better record than the boston celtics this year
    Last year, i had to bury my head in the sand over my warriors okc prediction. But im back, like a cockroach for another what-take.

Gordon Hayward went to the wrong team, and rubio is going to prove that he wasnt the problem with the wolves who may not even make the playoffs this year.

Dononvan Mitchell will push for roy.​

Oklahoma City Thunder will have a better record than the Golden State Warriors
    I'm calling it now. And if they meet in the playoffs the Thunder are going to take out the Warriors. Book it.
    The Spurs probably don't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs
    Anybody thinking that the spurs are some dominate team that has a chance to do anything in the west are probably going to be in for a rude awakening.

Yes, they got Aldridge, West and Kevin Martin. But Parker is old and showing his age. Duncan is gassed and Manu is Nash Rambler.

I predict that they will lose at least 18 games, which means they will be a barely above .500 team by the end of the season.

As far as the west goes, I would say that the clippers have the most balanced team to actually beat the warriors if it weren't for the fact that they are such chokers in the playoffs.​

Western Conference Playoff Prediction by What
    Okc misses playoffs. Pelicans win the sw division. Despite what people think, the pelicans are going to be a MAJOR problem for every team. Also, the fact that SA Spurs have been to the finals 2 years in a row, those games are going to take a toll. I also don't think the suns are going to beat out the mavericks.

1. Portland Trailblazers: 59 - 23
    2. LA Clippers: 58-24
    3. NO Pelicans: 58-24
    4. SA Spurs: 57-25
    5. Houston Rockets: 56-26
    6. Memphis Grizzlies: 56-26
    7. Golden State Warriors: 52-30
    8. Dallas Mavericks: 49-31​

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

No they definitely won’t. And I’ll bet anyone on that

clos4life likes this.
  6. CertifiedTroll

Please not hot take#2

clos4life and daywalker02 like this.
  7. what

what Member

The spoiler was what we were all waiting for and it occurs to me that Father Time has gotten to my brain a bit as I seem to be going less hard in the proverbial paint as the years roll by!

So in the words of that stellar trash talker Hakeem — I’m hitting him with the lateral movement. He can’t guard me.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So beating your Grizz?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Your receipts stink btw

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think they will. But I am actually rooting for them to do well. The Kings fans have been suffering for too long.

That said, Grizzlies fans also suffered a lot, but I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. ;)

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  11. what

what Member

The grizzlies ain’t going to do nothing. Mainly because they shipped off their vets (Kyle Anderson and Melton) in favor of rookies and unproven players.

Also, Tyus Jones got paid and got worse. Dillion Brooks is even worse than he has ever been (perhaps because, other than Russell Westbrook) Brooks probably gets more hate than anyone by his own fans.
    Zaire Williams has not panned out and is on the verge of becoming a bust. So much so that they recently sent him to the g-league.

Then you have “thug” Ja which hasn’t really backed up his big talk. Bane is also plateaued.
    The only player that has made some improvement is Jaren. So no they ain’t doing nothing.

#11 what, Mar 4, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    hakeem94 likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree that De'Aaron has been a joy to watch this season and Malik Monk exploded.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Kings have the 26th ranked defense this year. They are infinitely more likely to get knocked out in the 1st round.

Ancient Moabite and YOLO like this.
  15. what

what Member

Also my standings prediction was very close, obviously I had the warriors record off, and the pelicans record was Way off, but the rest of it was spot on. I predicted all of the west playoff teams and most of my record predictions was either exactly or within 2 games.
    That was a good pick!!

16. i3artow i3aller

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm still waiting for Rudy Gay to show the world that he's on Kevin Durant's level.

#18 Williamson, Mar 4, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

They won’t lol

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  20. Ancient Moabite

If the league kept them from making it to Finals back when they were deep with basically two starting lineups and winning 60 (or flirting with) games led by CWebb then I don't see the league gifting it to them this year/era either

But they will be fun to watch in the first round and making the playoffs after stinking up the lottery for the past decade+

BamBam and daywalker02 like this.