1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HornFans takes me by the Horns...i am banned

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, Dec 3, 2001.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Here is the reason,

"Coming onto the board specifically to start a flamefest and bragging about it on other boards. Get a life. "

I guess some of the threads you guys put on HornFans giving your opinions about the website and their bashing of me caused my banishment. It's all good. cool:

They also deleted the entire thread I started.

First of all, that was not my intention. But I knew the clutch BBS would be interested in the thread, so a posted a link.

I wrote the post because I felt Simms was getting more praise (on that website) than he deserved. The fans were like

..yeah Simms had a bad game, but I'm proud of him.
    ..yeah Simms threw four pics, but I'm proud of him.
    ..yeah Simms can't handle the blitz, but I proud of him.

You know, when I criticized Kenny Thomas and Walt Williams earlier in the season, the clutch staff did not go out of there way to give me the boot. The posters either agreed or disagreed with my take, which I am respectful of.

JBIILongho---oo-oo..........JBIILonghorns just died.

Late.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

you should be proud coolbreeze.

3. davo

davo Contributing Member

Can't argue with that logic.

4. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

So I wonder if you asked:
    "SO how do you guys feel about your quarterback, Chris simms, taking you guys to the Toilet Bowl, that is, the Culligan Bowl?
    :D

I wonder if that would get you banned too?

Bunch of sore losers!:mad:

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Really? How can you consider what JB posted to be a flame?

He asked why everyone is taking it easy on Simms after he cost us a Rose Bowl.

Yeah, he posted a link on the BBS, and maybe a couple of our posters went over there to rub it in, but that wasn't JB's fault. I don't think JB was bragging. Go back and read his post. He didn't tell anyone to go over there.

I understand why JB was banned though. He went against the guidelines - never criticize any of UT players. He should know better than the post his opinion on a UT BBS about UT players. He was just asking to be banned :)

#5 Smokey, Dec 4, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2001
  6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Umm...we can't. That site deleted the thread.

7. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

but we CAN register and post and jab and poke!:D

and maybe get banned too!:(

8. Smokey

Manny, I meant his post here. He never told anyone to go over and piss off the diehard Horns.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I know..I'm just messing with you, and I agree with everything that you said in that post that I partially quoted.

Unfortunately, in arguing on here with others, I, sometimes, misconstrue things, and it wears off in when I'm just trying to be cute.

10. Timing

Timing Member

What a buncha weenies. What fun is it if everyone agrees on everything? HornFans.com can't handle the truth! Deny deny deny!

11. Band Geek Mobster

I agree.

:cool:

12. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Oh boy. I could make the same comments about Rockets fans. :)

13. Smokey

People handle losing in different ways. The HornFans way is to hold it in, never question or criticize anyone in burnt orange. If you do, you are warned or banned, ridiculed, and called out on loyalty. It's those kind of fans who don't care about UT. They think they can show they care by being silent. Craig Way on the radio yesterday said hurt is a human emotion that needs to be expressed. That's why there are radio call in shows. That's why there are BBS'.

The ones who are emotional are the ones who care about Texas. They need a place to vent their frustrations, anger, sorrow, happiness, joy, etc... Isn't it DKR who said there are 600,000 "coaches" at Texas? Everyone wants the satisfaction of knowing someone else knows how they feel and think. Everyone wants to chime in about what's good and what's wrong with the program.

Mack Brown isn't coaching Sam Houston State. He is coaching the University of Texas. With that responsibility, he is going to get too much praise when he does well and too much criticism when he does bad. He needs to deal with it.

Some final thoughts, I take back the pretty boy and golden boy statements I made about Simms. He must feel worse than anyone about what happened on Sat. I can bring up his stats and reasons why he shouldn't start the bowl game, but I shouldn't make fun of him. Now that I think about it, he should not have been booed. Simms made the turnovers however starting him was Mack decision. The boos should have been directed towards Mack. He gets paid the big bucks. He should deal with it.

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Don't you guys always say it's Clutch's right to ban people or delete posts because it's his BBS?

#14 RocksMillenium, Dec 4, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2001
  15. Smokey

Of course its Clutch's right to ban people or delete posts which don't meet the guidelines of his BBS.

HornFans has its own guidelines. One is to never criticize a player or coach. That's their right.

JB didn't follow their guidelines, and he got banned. I just disagree with the reasons. I don't think he was trying to flame or brag about it. He was just giving his 2 cents.

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

talk about myopia...

rH

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

WoW.. those losers over there are really making a big deal over chrissy getting booed :D

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Alright, ya'll, I finally mustered up the balls to post again.

Hornfans.com is freaking weak. They call themselves true fans, but are blind to the team's faults. They look at everything through burnt orange glasses. You can't make any negative remarks about a player. In other words, you aren't allowed to speak the truth.

Simms throws 4 picks against OU, and 3 against CU, but God forbid we criticize him. He blows every big game in his collegiate career but "he's only 21." He can't read defenses, stares down receivers, and repeatedly underthrows receivers but hey, "he'll be playing on Sunday's someday, not Major."

The guys on HornFans are in the minority. There have been some really nasty things said about Simms in the last couple of days on the radio, on campus, and on the way out of Texas Stadium. As of now, almost all Horn Fans are behind Major, and want him to start. The other "myopic" fans still think that daddy's boy should start to "get his confidence up for next year." Well, in that case, maybe Eric Crouch should sit Nebraska's bowl game to let Jamal Lord get some experience. Joey Harrington should be benched for next year's Oregon starter. Quentin Jammer and Mike Williams should sit as well. Those backups need to be on the field. Total BS. See what I mean.

It's times like these, where it sucks to be a die-hard.