1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honest question about Trump and Jan 6th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I.D.I.O.T.

I think this deserves its own thread because I think it's a breakaway topic.

So, if charges are recommended against Trump for inciting a riot, essentially, and in those recommendations, it says that Trump was essentially solely responsible for the riots happening (debatable), then what are we to do about the police officers and the protestor that died that day?

Obviously, in the real world, this goes nowhere, but if it were Joe Blow on the street, they'd have manslaughter charges, or worse...

edwardc likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Trump is a victim of his own success. The only thing he is guilty of is being white.

Let’s not kid ourselves.

If this were OJ instead of Trump, he would have walked free. And that is a FACT.

The guy gets the election stolen from him AND they are prosecuting him for what his supporters did.

Are we going to put the Lakers players on trial for what Lakers fans have been doing for ages??

Just let it go already. You already took what was his.

mdrowe00 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ROCKSS, DOMINATOR, Xerobull and 2 others like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have to be "solely" responsible for him to have incited a riot.

Trump has been given preferential treatment all along. If anyone else had done what Trump did and what others on his team did with the evidence that's out there, we'd be on trial

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Thank you for the joke of the day.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree with you.

I'm saying in regards to people dying that day. If he's deemed responsible, people have been put in prison for manslaughter for less...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

ur too ignorant to know what the facts are.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

How long are u gonna continue this schtick you’ve adopted? We know u don’t believe this

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's like the next Jesus, except he bangs the hoes he frequents.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahh got it. I'm not really qualified to know for sure. My guess is that it wouldn't be a direct enough connection for man slaughter. But I don't really know for sure.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not up on the accessory laws so I'm not sure Trump could be charged with manslaughter. Also the deaths of LEO haven't been criminally assessed while Ashli Babbit's was never charged.

But yes Trump should be charged and should've long been indicted if not outrightly convicted for Jan. 6th and many other things. The evidence is overwhelming that he incited the riot, orchestrated an illegal attempt to subvert Congress and the Constitution, and was derelict in his Constitutional duty as commander and chief.

mdrowe00 and Rashmon like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even today his election lies and rants continue. He puts people in danger and doesn't care one bit who gets hurt, or who takes the fall by his incitement and lies. He should be locked up already for Jan 6th. He should be locked up already for being caught with stolen Top Secret and Classified documents. He won't stop until he is locked up for good. Trump is a clear and present danger, with no loyalty to anyone but himself. He is a pathological liar too narcissistic to ever admit he lost.

Today's lies continue on his (Anything but) Truth Social...

Don’t forget that Ruby Freeman, her daughter, and all others were rushed out of the voter count room in Georgia because of a big “WATER MAIN BREAK.” Like everything else, it was FAKE, there was no water main break. Ruby’s group (only) soon came back into the room, with no security or vote watchers, grabbed the thousands and thousands of ballots hidden under a cloth skirted table, and began putting them into (STUFFING) the machines, all caught on tape, and so OBVIOUSLY WRONG. They can’t explain!

The Ruby Freeman tapes that I put up on Truth Social are AMAZING. Now they have been heard and seen all over America, together with the actual act of “stuffing the ballot boxes” with far more votes than needed for me, and Senator Perdue, to win GEORGIA. At first she thought that
    they had been caught, got VERY nervous, and wanted to “spill the beans” on everyone. Then the SOS, GBI, FBI, calmed her down, helped CLEAN her social media, took her away (for two months!). SHE THEN CHANGED HER STORY!

Somewhere in America there are still people so naive and so stupid that they still believe this psycho. As long as he can legally incite his cult followers, he will be a danger.

#12 deb4rockets, Jan 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    mdrowe00, FrontRunner, ROCKSS and 4 others like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Trump is never going to stop spreading falsehoods until he is held accountable. he has no reason to and not especially when supporters are still willing to give him money.

within the Republican Party itself we’re seeing a long slow decline of support for Trump. It’s pretty obvious now that he’s a liability and an embarrassment to the party given how many of his candidates were defeated. Eventually more and more support will decline and barring him actually getting charged and tried (which should still happen regardless of his political support) he will fade.

The damage done by Trumpism will persist though and we see that with the chaos in the Republicans caucus and how liars and grifters like George Santos still find a home in the party. Liz Cheney was absolutely correct. “Trump will be gone but your dishonor will remain.”

mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

FIFY

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm doubtful you'd be able to clear the reasonable doubt hurdle for manslaughter, even for Joe Blow. However, if he was convicted for something involving inciting a riot, I think it could provide the necessary support for lawsuits against Trump for those injured or killed. The burden of proof is lower and the finding that he was responsible for their endangerment would rest on a conviction already in the books. But then Trump gets sued so often anyway, I'm not sure another lawsuit is even newsworthy at this point.

ROCKSS and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Wow, another Trump and Jan 6th thread. Just made my day!

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

In the real world, and in this world (if the DOJ has any balls) they'd likely be making charges based on more provable crimes. The call to the Georgia secretary of state to "find votes" seems like the obvious low hanging fruit IMO. He's on tape, and it's a crime. Intent is clear. The MAR documents case too is low hanging fruit, but might be unrelated from a prosecutorial perspective so I could see Jack Smith actually branching that one off to another team to indict and go to trial as a separate matter.

Congress' recommendation doesn't have to worry about actually winning in court even though it's obvious that he did commit the crimes they say he did, in court it's a different set of standards. If it was you or me, it might be the same thing, but in the end if it was you or me, those "process" crimes would absolutely be charged because of the magnitude of consequences to the country as a result of our actions to literally try and overturn Democracy. All of us would have been charged months ago, and already be in court most likely for that call to the Georgia Secretary of State alone.

mdrowe00 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes there is no need to overreach. There is clear evidence regarding other crimes such as holding onto classified material. I will keep on pointing out that Michael Cohen and Weiselberg were already convicted of crimes that Trump signed the checks for.

This isn't about what possible crimes Trump should be charged with but wheter the DOJ, NYAG, and etc.. are going to hold him to account for crimes that are already out there.

mdrowe00 and dobro1229 like this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. The Stormy Daniels checks. The Weisleberg and Trump Org tax fraud... He should have already been charged months ago, but the fact is the DOJ is scared to death of the chance of getting 1 or 2 Trump supporters on a jury that ends up throwing their prosecution. Nobody in the DOJ want to be labeled as losers in the court, and deal with threats to their livelihood too when the Trump mob finds out where they live, kids go to school, etc.

It's a problem when you have a cult leader like Trump with this much power of threats of violence to the DOJ prosecutors, and such deep cult like influence to destroy the ability to actually field an unbias jury.

That's why the DOJ prosecution team that ends up bringing charges will be very selective to make sure that the charges are so blatantly obvious and proven that even a Trump supporter on the jury can't deny reality.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Short of a slam dunk where everyone is out for justice, neither party really wants to convict a (ex-)president. It creates a bad precedence of looking backwards and future reprisals. Whether or not Trump could be legitimately charged and convicted is overridden by this resistance.

I'm sure that'll change fast once we get 2 extremist/polarizing presidents in a row. Things might get bubbly at that point.

#20 Invisible Fan, Jan 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023