1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy Crap

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by CBrownFanClub, Dec 6, 1999.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I am so gassed by the history section I can not even move. . . .

2. Ollie

Ollie Member

Keeley, you ROCK!!!!! Do The historical stats include playoffs? I was wondering because I looked at Chris Jent, and I thought he played in more than 3 games with us. I have a small suggestion. On the season recap, for each of the seasons we make the playoffs, how about a link to a page (or pages) that describe that years playoff run, for those of us who get all of our first round exits mixed up....

[This message has been edited by Ollie (edited December 06, 1999).]

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Good to see the Chucky Brown Fan Club supports the History section [​IMG]

More good stuff coming on Thursday -- definitely don't miss Thursday. We introduce a new feature to the site.

Ollie -- Keeley is a statistics machine ... good idea on playoff numbers. Another project to take on ...

------------------
    Clutch
    www.clutchcity.NET
    SPREAD THE WORD

4. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Ollie -

thanks for the kudos.

The stats only include seasonal data through last year. This year's game-by-game boxes are being stored, and if (huge if) there is enough free time, then we'll try to track down old box scores. The problem is I'm in Chicago and Rockets boxscores from 1971 (fer'instance) are kind of hard to come by up here [​IMG]... if I could get my hands on some old Rockets yearbooks then I could put something together.

(Anybody with any Rockets yearbooks before 1995, could you please let me know how detailed the game-by-game summaries are?)

With respect to playoff stats, we have won-loss records for each year that the Rockets qualified (they are 100-99 overall) by round, and who the opponent was. I have access to the scores of each playoff game, but box scores are a different story.

There's a lot of room for improvement/expansion on the stuff that we do have, so all input is welcome!

Thanks a bunch,

MK